ADVERTISEMENT

Semi-Final Picks - Coming down to the wire

Washington_sports

Sep 23, 2013
Playoffs are the time we say, Hmm what happened. Everyone picked Royal and no one picked Newport. As OldGrenadier mentioned “It's tough to face the same quality opponent twice in the same season” and this time the Grizzly defense showed up. Standing show that everyone is still in the running.
22 Points – 1AA, GoKnights, OldGren, Wa_Sports
21 Points – FrontRowJoe (went out on a limb with CCC and this game was close)
20 Points – DPJ1
18 points – WahFan, RHSKnights, Wolfram

Semi-Finals are here and these 4 teams are gearing up for battle, is there going to be an upset this week? Who are you picking??? ***Game worth 2 points.

Newport (10-1) @ Royal (12-0)
***La Center (9-2) @ Meridian (12-0)

Sorry, while the comment was correct, OldGren went with the home team and lost a point. however, he did get the meridian/Monte game correct that was worth 2 points. But if it will make you feel better, I will give you 5-1 odds on Royal. (5 points if you pick Newport and they win and 1 point if you pick Royal and they win.) How much is the home team worth?????

Newport (10-1) @ Royal (12-0) - Newport has did well stopping the running game of Colville but they haven't played a good passing team. Royal plays the running and passing game well. Royal 45-7
***La Center (9-2) @ Meridian (12-0) - Both good teams, Meridian has been playing well all season, and La Center is 9-0 after a slow start, but each week they are looking better. I'm sticking with my assumption 8 weeks ago that Royal and Meridian are in the final, Meridian 21-10

I was just pointing out that OldGren’s total was off, he picked Colville-0 points Royal-1 point CCC-0 points Meridian-2 points. 18+3=21. I might not win this meaningless competition but I want at least beat the people I know. As far as your offer of 5-1 I’ll politely decline.

Royal too many weapons on offense and a starting D that has only given up 2 tds in twelve games.
Meridian but I wouldn’t be shocked if this one went the other way.

Quit your whining GoKnights1. Although I hope you are 100% correct this week since my picks are:

Royal
Meridian (Going with the open offense and Coach Ames. He is the high school version of Mike Leach and has been doing it longer and better.)

Really thought this might be Colvilles year but two key injuries early vs Newport slowed them way down. Good luck Newport but I gotta go with Royal.

This one seems like the better of the two games. Going with Meridian.

Royal - Quite a game last week that Royal played. Didn't see that large of spread coming. This week should be a little tougher but perhaps not much the way Royal is playing. Anyone know injury status for Royal? Looked like a lot of limping kids left the game last week.

Meridian - I have struggled picking west side so I could be wrong. Every week I think I'm confident and this week no different. I read La Center lost their leading receiver/tackler (fractures in his back) so that's not going to help.

ADVERTISEMENT