ADVERTISEMENT

Pick 'em Challenge - Quarter Finals

Washington_sports

Sep 23, 2013
Well, Last week was easy right...... maybe for some, but this week I will have to take emotion out of my picks and get down to business. (or just copy and paste from GoKnights)

Leaders - GoKnights, OldGrenedier, and EastsideFB all with perfect picks (9 points)
(8 points) - Wash_Sports, FrontRowJoe
(Others) - Little74, MonteMom, WahFan, Wolfram, KingGriz

Lets see who you've got this week.

LC (9-2) @ Hoquiam (10-0)
Newport (9-1) @ Zillah (10-0)
Colville (8-2) @ Meridian (8-3) ***
Baker (8-4) @ Royal (11-0)

LC (9-2) @ Hoquiam (10-0) I'm taking LC over Hoquiam
Newport (9-1) @ Zillah (10-0) Zillah, barely.
Colville (8-2) @ Meridian (8-3) *** I'm going to give the second round to Colville, coming off a big, big win.
Baker (8-4) @ Royal (11-0) I hope the Mounties enjoy travelling to Royal which seems like a match up that we have been wanting for years. Unfortunately, I think the Knights are well equipped to deal with the ground game of Mt. Baker. Picking Royal.

Hoquiam....once again a long trip to the harbor....
Zillah....will make for a very good semi-final game with Hoquiam....
Colville.....Meridian got a very good win vs a tough Elma team but it ends here....
Royal.....Baker made a statement vs Monte but with another long bus ride their season will end here....

LC - proved they can beat the pass with is Hoquiam weapon.
Zillah - This will be the closest game, Zillah has the experience to stop the grizzly running game, but can Newport stop the pass as well as the run?
Colville - Colville is a hard team to beat, but beating them twice is even harder.
Royal - Baker does well until the 2nd round of playoffs, this time they just got a tough bracket. Bring your coats, the Royal wind can get pretty cold.

Last edited:
LC - proved they can beat the pass with is Hoquiam weapon.
Zillah - This will be the closest game, Zillah has the experience to stop the grizzly running game, but can Newport stop the pass as well as the run?
Colville - Colville is a hard team to beat, but beating them twice is even harder.
Royal - Baker does well until the 2nd round of playoffs, this time they just got a tough bracket. Bring your coats, the Royal wind can get pretty cold.
I don’t know, Hoquiam proved they can move the ball on the ground many times this season and showed it again vs Stevenson....if Hoquiam can get LC off balance they will have a very good chance to win.....you also have to consider the travel down here, if LC comes out flat it is going to be a long game.....

I don’t know, Hoquiam proved they can move the ball on the ground many times this season and showed it again vs Stevenson....if Hoquiam can get LC off balance they will have a very good chance to win.....you also have to consider the travel down here, if LC comes out flat it is going to be a long game.....
I don't disagree, if Hoquiam comes out firing like they have several times this year they could easily win this contest. LC on the other hand has put up some numbers in a tough league that seems to go back and forth.
But who am I to say, I can't even spell "which" correctly and my English sounds horrible in that last post.....

There are no easy games left in the bracket so my confidence level isn't what is was last week. So here is my best guess at who will be playing on Thanksgiving weekend.

Lynden Christian -- I think their competition in a tough league will pay off this week.
Newport -- If the common opponent tells us anything this one will be a battle. Planning to attend this one.
Colville -- Hard to beat a great team twice. That said, the long bus ride will be another obstacle for them to overcome.
Royal -- I think this will be a very tough game also. Baker is very senior-heavy and seniors don't want their season to come to an end. I think the line of scrimmage play will be the deciding factor.

Crap. I just saw this didn’t post. I missed picking zillah Newport but I picked zillah anyway so oh well. Way to Newport. Semis for second year in a row. That was a good game last night. I’ve seen zillah play a couple of times and thought Newport could do it but my pick was zillah.

I think LC is going to beat Hoquiam. That NW league is tough and I don’t think Hoqiuam has what it takes (sorry kinggriz).
I think Colville will beat Meridian. They’ll be a little more prepared this time.
Royal v Mt Baker may be close for a while but I’ve seen a couple of royal games this season and they are a legit number 1. Royal will win.

Crap. I just saw this didn’t post. I missed picking zillah Newport but I picked zillah anyway so oh well. Way to Newport. Semis for second year in a row. That was a good game last night. I’ve seen zillah play a couple of times and thought Newport could do it but my pick was zillah.

I think LC is going to beat Hoquiam. That NW league is tough and I don’t think Hoqiuam has what it takes (sorry kinggriz).
I think Colville will beat Meridian. They’ll be a little more prepared this time.
Royal v Mt Baker may be close for a while but I’ve seen a couple of royal games this season and they are a legit number 1. Royal will win.
Oh I understand what you are saying with LC....there are 2 major things I can see affecting the outcome....long bus ride for LC and if Hoquiam comes out flat like Monte did vs Baker last week....Hoquiam has a damn good o and d line and they are very physical on both sides of the ball.....what most people believe is that Hoquiam is a very pass heavy team, yes they are but when ever you rely on the pass it opens up the run and vise versa, Hoquiam can do both.....I believe 100% that the NW league is tough but Hoquiam played some tough games towards the end of the year to prepare for the playoffs.....it will be a very good game tonight that I am sure of!!

ADVERTISEMENT