ADVERTISEMENT

1A Road to the Dome starts now – Pick’em Challenge

Washington_sports

Sep 23, 2013
Thank you Go Knights for the help last week. I have been out of pocket with work and haven't even had a chance to smack talk 1A football.

Well, the brackets are set, weather you agree or not, it is what it is, and the challenge begins. You will get 1 point for picking the correct team each week. I will pick one game that will be worth 2 points each week. This game will be noted with a “***”. You could be part of the greats like SmallPox in 2014, or FrontRowJoe in 2015, and 2 time champ GoKnights 2016/2017. Its time to pick for the big marbles, yep its tournament time where anything can (and does) happen.

***11 CCC (7-1) @ 6 Lynden Christian (8-2)
14 Stevenson (7-1) @ 3 Hoquiam (9-0)
10 Newport (8-1) @ 7 La Salle (8-2)
15 Klahowya (7-2) @ 2 Zillah (9-0)
12 Connell (7-2) @ 5 Colville (7-2)
13 Elma (8-2) @ 4 Meridian (7-3)
9 Baker (7-4) @ 8 Monte (7-2)
16 Riverside (7-4) @ 1 Royal (10-0)

Is there an echo in here?

Lynden Christian
Hoquiam
Newport
Zillah
Colville
Meridian
Mt. Baker
Royal

Lynden Christian - eastsideFB said it best
Hoquiam - shouldn’t be too difficult
La Salle - tough game but I think Kershaw makes this one.
Zillah - Klahowya will get overwhelmed physically
Colville - should be a great game
Meridian - experience prevails
Mt. Baker - they’ve been inconsistent but on this week
Royal - Tough draw for riverside.

***11 CCC (7-1) @ 6 Lynden Christian (8-2) I'm taking LC, but they'll have to cover well.
14 Stevenson (7-1) @ 3 Hoquiam (9-0) I'm rolling with the Grizzlies. Stevenson just does not have a convincing win on their schedule either. They kept White Salmon out, but barely.
10 Newport (8-1) @ 7 La Salle (8-2) I'm going to go with Newport, it will be an interesting game because neither team really plays against a spread in their league.
15 Klahowya (7-2) @ 2 Zillah (9-0) I think Zillah will defend their home turf, but in a tougher game than people think.
12 Connell (7-2) @ 5 Colville (7-2) Smart money here says Colville will get it done right? I'm taking Riner and the boys from Connell because I think their defensive line can cause Colville some issues they just haven't quite seen this year.
13 Elma (8-2) @ 4 Meridian (7-3) I'm going to take Meridian because of Bob Ames.
9 Baker (7-4) @ 8 Monte (7-2) The winner of this game gets and early Christmas present in a trip to the East to play Royal. I'm taking Montesano to make that trip. They've got a tough loss to Hoquiam and a very good Woodland team. Each is battle tested, but I'm rolling with the Bulldogs.
16 Riverside (7-4) @ 1 Royal (10-0) Royal.

OldG, it's not an echo, just easier to copy and paste, however I have to make my mark and go with someone different. Maybe Riverside is the Cinderella team, they beat undefeated Omak last week, can they do it again?????

Lynden Christian - I struggle with this one. LC will have to stop Johnson's pass attack, but I think they will come out on top of this high scoring game.
Hoquiam - on a roll
Newport - running vs throwing? Easy schedule will hurt the lightning this go around.
Zillah - Klahowya, welcome to the SCAC
Colville - This game will depend on which Connell team shows up, Rooting for the Eagles, but with an average of 3 turnovers a game it doesn't look good. Defense should keep the score low, but I said that last year too.
Meridian - as long as they don't overlook the first round.
Monte - Going with my gut and just hoping its not the burrito I had for lunch
Royal - Sorry Riverside, maybe if it were Zillah or Hoquiam

Last edited:
CCC in a close one
Hoquiam is very familiar with the Stevenson Bulldogs and once again the Grizzlies are on a roll, the long bus ride is going to suck for the Dogs and the Griz are going to come out hot!!
La Salle is pissed about their losses and will take it out on Newport
Zillah is going to have a fight on their hands, but Klahowya will not be a challenge
Connell and Colville is 1 of 2 matchups that will be interesting....Connell has playoff experience and I am feeling them here
Elma has finally made the playoffs and will have to make the dreaded trip up North to Civic Stadium, however Elma is not a team to sleep on and I am sure Clark has something up his sleeve to make the 2nd Rd (2nd interesting matchup here)
Baker and Monte is going to be the game to watch....Hoquiam has experienced how Baker plays and got knocked out by them before in the playoffs....Monte is coming off a very convincing win over Columbia/White Salmon....the only saving grace for Monte is the fact the game will be played in the ‘Dog Pound’ however if Baker comes out hot it will be a Dog fight....Monte here
As for the last game there is no question....Knights Big!!

**11 CCC (7-1) @ 6 Lynden Christian (8-2)
14 Stevenson (7-1) @ 3 Hoquiam (9-0)
10 Newport (8-1) @ 7 La Salle (8-2)
15 Klahowya (7-2) @ 2 Zillah (9-0)
12 Connell (7-2) @ 5 Colville (7-2)
13 Elma (8-2) @ 4 Meridian (7-3)
9 Baker (7-4) @ 8 Monte (7-2)
16 Riverside (7-4) @ 1 Royal (10-0)

Now we are talking... I should have chose the Connell/Colville or Baker/Monte games as the game of the week. Here are the odds so far.
Hoquiam, Zillah and Royal 9:0
LC, Newport, and Meridian are 7:2
Monte and Colville 5:4

Still calling all fans to join in......

Now we are talking... I should have chose the Connell/Colville or Baker/Monte games as the game of the week. Here are the odds so far.
Hoquiam, Zillah and Royal 9:0
LC, Newport, and Meridian are 7:2
Monte and Colville 5:4

Still calling all fans to join in......
This is what makes things interesting....we all know teams pretty well here and know certain twerks they or their opponent may have.....I am pretty surprised at the split for the Monte/Baker & Connell/Colville games....I figured there would be a little more favor on both games but yet they are even....only time will tell on how things shake out!!!

ADVERTISEMENT