ADVERTISEMENT

First Round Pick’em

Washington_sports

Sep 23, 2013
Welcome to the first week of the WIAA 1A playoffs. 16 teams ready to battle and we are starting off with some good match-ups. For those that didn’t get to pick last week, Start Picking this week and I will start you out with 9 points. This year I am going to do it a little different. I will pick one game that will be worth 2 points each week. This game will be noted with a “***”. Let’s get started, who is going to win this week??????

Connell (8-2) @ Coleville (8-1) ***
Newport (8-1) @ Zillah (9-1)
Freeman (7-3) @ Royal (10-0)
Naches (6-3) @ Okanogan (8-0)
Mt Baker (6-3) @ La Center (7-2)
Nooksack (5-4) @ CCC (9-1)
Charles Wright (8-2) @ Monte (10-0)
Hoquiam (6-4) @ Meridian (10-0)

Well I guess I will take the plunge first:

Colville
Zillah
Royal
Okanogan
La Center
CCC
Monte
Meridian

This is a tough week for the first round. Good teams matched up against equally good teams just because of seeding (First 2 games are #1 vs #4) and I am tempted to take both #4’s? Well, I got to pick someone……

Connell
Zillah
Royal
Okanogan
La Center
CCC
Monte
Meridian

Just catching up now that playoffs are here. Many great games this week. My picks:

Connell v Colville. Wish I could go see this one. Is Riner back after suspension? Is Connell starting QB back? Connell gonna need all they have. I’m picking COLVILLE

Newport (8-1) @ Zillah (9-1). This is Newport’s chance. Zillah hasn’t played a tough team yet. NEWPORT

Freeman (7-3) @ Royal (10-0). Is Freeman going to be a state contender in basketball again this year? Practice will start next week. ROYAL.

Naches (6-3) @ Okanogan (8-0). I didn’t give Okanogan much credit last year but I think they are better this year. OKANOGAN

Mt Baker (6-3) @ La Center (7-2) This is hardest one for me to pick. I’m guessing MT BAKER

Nooksack (5-4) @ CCC (9-1) NV great QB but CCC great team. CCC

Charles Wright (8-2) @ Monte (10-0) Monte the real deal. They kind of fly under the radar being ranked #5 But this will be an easy one. MONTE

Hoquiam (6-4) @ Meridian (10-0). Should be easy for Burkett and the rest of the Trojans. MERIDIAN.

Connell (8-2) @ Coleville (8-1) ***probably gonna hunt my way to this one sat.- Colville
Newport (8-1) @ Zillah (9-1)lets go NEA-Newport
Freeman (7-3) @ Royal (10-0)Royal
Naches (6-3) @ Okanogan (8-0)Okanogan
Mt Baker (6-3) @ La Center (7-2)La Center
Nooksack (5-4) @ CCC (9-1)CCC
Charles Wright (8-2) @ Monte (10-0)Montesano
Hoquiam (6-4) @ Meridian (10-0)Meridian

ADVERTISEMENT