ADVERTISEMENT

1. Cashmere vs Lynden Christian

LC by 5 in a tough one. These two teams played earlier this year, and LC won by 3, but did not play well at all. But that was also a Lynden Christian. DeBoer will have the Lyncs ready for this one, and I like them to win this one, and win it all.

could be a real dog fight. the match up of these two earlier in the year was good. LC didn't play that well. LCs first two games last year were decided by 3 points combined so I think they will be prepared for a close game. but Cashmere is riding in with alot of confidence after the Zillah game.

I'm sure Cashmere has gotten better since the first match up too but LC's defense has been fantastic this post season. They can match up with Cashmere very well.

LC essentially pooped themselves the first game in the first half. Were down by 9. Won the second half by about 15. Both teams just played arguably their best games...If both teams play their best I believe LC is 10 points better. I agree with the CrazyKid. LC will win by 5-10 and head for the repeat. If Cashmere wins, I think they'll win it all.

I like LC to win, but Boyd in particular, is a tough matchup with his quickness. Coleman McElroy is a solid big man, and they have some good outside shooters. The Lyncs have impressed me so much with their maturity, composure under pressure, and chemistry. I agree with Addicted, if Cashmere pulls it off they win it all.

LC really slowed him down in the second half, and giving Deboer a previous game to be able to prepare for them is huge. If they had never played Cashmere, I think it'd be a toss up because of Boyd. But they did, and in the first game, which WAS 2 months ago I know, they made some great adjustments at halftime and held him to something like 4 points in the second half. I think they'll be prepared and will win. But, as said earlier, I think this is the championship

I was very impressed with Cashmere at Christmas. I like LC but would not be surprised at all if Cashmere won this one. They are the hottest team in the tourney and are a tough match up for the Lyncs. I would not place the crown on LC yet. There is a very good Toledo team among others waiting in the wings. this may be the deepest and most talented A tourney in years. I believe it is stronger top to bottom then the 2A tournament.
Also if LC gets by Cashmere and revenge factor King's team is another tough test.
I still give LC an edge but not a big one. Go Lyncs!

Agree about what you said about the game. However, disagree with your statement that this may be the most talented state tourney in years. Go Lyncs!

wouldn't forget about CPC down the road.. LC may have handled them but they want revenge and are more then talented enough to get the job done if they get hot, but the winner of this game will be in the state title game i believe

I am in agreement too that the overall talent and specifically "star status" has been down for the last two years. 2010-11 state entrants would give these teams all they could handle and more.

LC will try to neutralize the quick guard and the good big kid just like they did in the second half in the previous matchup. The other players for Cashmere will be forced to step up. LC has done a great job of shutting down the impact player(s) of teams all year. My question is how will Cashmere defend LC? Most teams "hang" with LC for a half but they get it rolling in the second half. It will be a great game.

The LC team from last year was a great team, but you could make the argument that the LC team the year before was possibly even better, and they didn't even make it to the dome. That's just an example. There are other's, like Cascade Christian, Granger, and the Zillah team who lost to Cascade in the championship.

Addicted...2011 team better because of margin of victory in your opinion? I think this year's team is much more mature mentally to handle highs and lows.

I'm with those that believe this is a very deep final 8. One of the best groups I've seen in awhile.

The 2011 in team had a greater talent level. Position to Position they were equal or more athletic, and they still had Van Kooten and Heerspink with healthy knees. I think the talent level statewide was much higher. You look at Cascade with Shacket, Tuttle, and King, LC with Reimer Schmidt and Spoelstra, Onalaska with their great team, Granger with the seniors they had, Zillah with Zapien and many others, Nooksack with Impero, and I just think the talent level was much higher.

I think youre right addicted. a lot of talent that year. I think this year is very well balanced though. Which will make for a very exciting tournament. In my opinion last years Lyncs had better leadership then this group, and the one from two years ago. The team two years ago seemed like not quite a complete team effort like last years and now. last year was wolffis as the leader and this year its more of a group of guys. Not really one sticks out to be a vocal guy for the team. This year talent i would say is equal if not higher then last year . It was a young group of players as far as varsity expierence last year. But this year you have a group thats done it before. They have made this trip to the dome and have won 3 straight and I think thats a BIG advantage. Really says somethin when you have a kid whos already put up 25points in a state title game and he isn't even there go to guy. What im sayin is they have like 5 guys who could be leading scorers on other teams in they wanted to take over. But they are more of a team oriented team.

100% agree congrats. Especially when you consider Isaac Reimer. If he wanted to, he could be averaging 20-22 ppg's but instead hes gettin about 17, and it's better for the team because then they get that balance.

speaking of Reimer, where is he going to college? He is a very good player for sure and I am not as familiar as some on "who did what and went where" at and then after LC.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT