ADVERTISEMENT

1A Tennis

KCABMI

Feb 21, 2006
whos all the threats returning this year? I herd Griffin Horn-Smith of Okanogan went to 4 camps, and has been lifting hard and has perfected his serve to an extent where no one can return it. but then agin thats just wat i herd.

Ya i heard is he pretty good also, but then again, who are some other threats in the 1A? And can they beat Horn-Smith?
This post was edited on 2/21 10:37 AM by ctlking33if(GetAdminCookie() != 0) {document.write(' (Revisions[/URL])');}

top singles players i know of will be shelton if he goes singles from burbank, Plunkett from Bush and Winters from Zillah. anybody else, like some crazy good foreign exchange student like Almeida last year?

i dont know about ne foreigners, but if there are any of course they will be tough. im not tryin to make smith look impossible, but i was his doubles partner last year, and he has been training year round for this, its the only thing he is good at, so itll be fun to watch him.

Watch out for Brian Lee from Freeman. He's been working hard all year and is ready to whoop some butt. He is stronger, faster, lighter, and his serve is unstopable. 2006 State Champ, no question.

Just in the CTL there are many good players including Fisher, Monroe, Hiltz, and more. This Smith guy will have a hard time.

I'd agree....smith was like second doubles last year....The singles will be a race between Fisher and Hiltz, power vs. consistency. And then both of them will get rocked at state by Shelton or Plunkett. I saw Winters play last year....he's not all that great.

Last year I played agaist Shelton when he was with his foreign partner. Shelton wasn't even on the same level as Stefen Denbreejen. I don't see him rocking either of those two people. Maybe beating them but no 6-0 6-0 match

Plunkettt has to be the favorite finishing third last year, but Winters has made a complete 180 from last year. Took 5th last year, and he can actually get his first serve consistently in unlike last year, which will be pretty devastating, has a forehand now, instead of just relying on his athletism too. winetrs played a lot over the summer and i know he won the Yakima Tennis Club 18-19 year old division over the summer (1st). Shelton vs Winters will be some good tennis, should meet up at least 4 or 5 times before state too.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT