Jeff Smith
Daley Paris
Utility: Nic Cawley-Murphree
Pitchers: Derek Friedel
Derek Welton
Scott Cooper
Player of the Year: Kevin Walkenhauer
Coach of the Year: Klayton Wyckoff

that is a good list. wyckoff is a good coach, but i dont see how archer didnt get coach of the year. they are very young and he's taking that team to a state tournament. what he did with that team is amazing.

good post and i was thinking the same thing about monday when i saw they beat east valley to make it to state. archer did an amazing job this year. If the all league meeting was held this week after his team making it to the state tournament, then that would be an obvious choice but the meeting was held just a few days after wv had swept selah for the league championship. i'm not minimizing even what selah did during league, but traditionally the league champ gets the coach of the year and plyaer of the year even in most other sports also. coach at hanford also turned a team around and almost had selah in the 7th inning so that argument could also be made as well.

Coach DeWitz at Hanford has made a 180 degree turn around in the program from the last several years. There was a vested interest by the administration to improve that program based on moving to CBL (the old Big 9) where they will have to play the Southridges, Kamiakins, etc. Also, there's allot young talent in the pipeline -- in three years I project Hanford to be a top team in the 3A eastern region.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT