ADVERTISEMENT

2009 2A State Champions!

csp19

Sep 18, 2008
Cedarcrest is your new 2009 State champions beating Selah with a final score of 10-6!

So anyone have details on this? Who pitched for each team, who had the big hits, etc?

Still not sure how you win a game with 8 errors....But i can't knock a champion!! Congrats Cedarcrest..It's about time!

yeah he got ejected in like the top of the sixth or seventh inning or something after a player got walked on a questionable call, the catcher along with all the Selah coaches and crowd had been giving him crap the whole game and i guess he finally got tired of it. Personally i thought he was going to start throwing out Selah coaches left and right the way they were yelling at him, but it's not like he wasn't making the same call both ways so there wasn't really any need for that outburst, hell i'd be mad too if i only scored two earned runs the whole game.

From what i know the selah cather held his composure for as long as he could but someone has to say enough is enough and when you have an umpire who doesnt know the difference from a ball to a strike someone has got to say somethin. im just surprised he was the first one to say it. i mean the ump started the game the same way he ended it "shitty". and has for the cathcher getting tossed its an ejection and thats all it is big deal, stuff happens when youre in a big game.. so for all of you who are posting about it grow up... im pretty sure youve seen an ejection more than once. and for cedarcrest and their fans congrats on the title.

I guess he didn't hold it long enough did he?

As far as the grow-up question, well.......if the shoe fits.....

Im sure the frusteration of being beat that badly also fell into play. If the score had been different i dont think the catcher would have tossed. The umpire was bad both ways but the Cedarcrest catcher did not get thrown out.

First off, I dont think stirring the pot is necessary, look at the box score, neither team played great. But i can guarentee you will not see one selah player on here blaming it on an off day. Cedarcrest was just the better team on saturday, they got it done.

as for the catcher issue, selah wasnt losing badly at that point, they were only down 4 and the game was within reach. The ump gave the catcher a warning then in my opinion purposely called the next pitch, which happened to be right down the pipe, belt high, middle of the plate, a ball just to throw that bait out there for the catcher to take. He got a 17 year old kid to take the bait, bravo.

The ump didn't personally call the next pitch, he was consistant with "his" zone the whole game bro.

The ball was actually high on the batter, who was no more than 5' 6" tall. It was tho a strike an a batter that was 6' or taller. The strike zone in baseball does move up and down with the size of the batter...except in Selah I guess

I say congrats to Cedarcrest for pulling it off. They had confidence the whole year even after some of their losses. A lot of people doubted their abilities and how they play as a team, but they proved everyone wrong by coming together for the playoffs and getting it done.

Best Weekend of my life i'll tell you that, even though i think the State tourney should still be in a neutral location where there isn't more of a "hometown" feel for some teams.

If that's how you saw that pitch then youre just as bad at calling balls and strikes as that ump was... No wonder cedarcrest players didn't comment on the calls... It looks like they don't know the difference either

sounds like somebody is mad that they've gone to the championship game five times and still hasn't won it, i'm not gonna lie to you but your team only scored two earned runs that whole game, so even if your gonna blame the calls on the umpire your team still got killed, and it's not our fault you can't just accept that you lost to a better team, you had home field advantage, 2/3 of the stadium was filled with your fans, and you still lost! Not to mention you had 8 errors by us to give you a chance to win it and you still couldn't capitalize, stop blaming the ump for the reason your team lost that game.

Hey, why doesn't everyone just quit bitching? The game is over, it is what it is, and Cedarcrest is the 2009 State Champions. Personally, being a player on the Selah team of course I would have liked a different outcome, but the fact of the matter is that the state says you get one game to play to prove yourself worthy of first or second, period. I know for a fact this wasn't either teams best game, I find it somewhat stupid to sit here and bicker over the computer for either side, because to tell you the truth I think both teams played poorly, and I know both teams can admit to this. Balls and strikes are not the issue, nor should there be a pissin match about them, and balls and strikes also didn't determine the outcome of the game. Both teams have been powerhouses this year, and even in the past 3 years, you don't get that far by accident. Talent, hard work, and the determination is what put these two teams (us) above all the others and in the position to accomplish what we did. Let's be a little more mature here and give credit where credit is due, and give a little respect to one another. We all have the same thing in common, we love the game of baseball. It's not easy for me to say this, but it's only right and it would be ignorant of me not to, but congratulations Cedarcrest.

-
This post was edited on 6/2 1:09 PM by FrozenRopes07

Hey where are you going to play next year? your a hell of a player so im sure you had to have gotten some offers but i have not heard anything...

Im definitely gunna have to agree with Mr. Fife on this one.
Good luck with everything man, sportzking nailed it, your one hell of a player and your gunna go places with it. It was awesome watching you tear it up this year.

Again congrats to Cedarcrest and good luck to all in summer ball and college.

Thanks, and I will most likely be attending CBC, got a few small D1 offers and a few D2 and D3 but probably going to go the CC route.

Thats a good program down there. Obviously had some success this season and have recently in the past. I got to throw against them at NWAACCs and they could use a solid shortstop. Best of luck with that next season.

Why not go smaller D1? I know there's a lot of good players out there but what do you, or I should say they them see as your shortcomings? Where do they project you playing? Infield? Pitcher? Both?

A smaller D-1 is good, but the junior college conference in the northwest (NWAACC) is a great conference. I player like Fife could start for 2 years under great coaches playing competitive ball and than start for 2 more at a bigger D-1. Other than sitting at a D-1 and maybe not getting the playing time promised not getting the game experience he would be getting in the NWAACC

why dont you guys take this to myspace. no one wants to read your life story, and everyone will forget you in a year. except your parents. Oh no! Say it isnt so! ya it is SO.

uzi.gif

Apparently we've got a sore loser here. Continue on, this is actually interesting to read for some.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT