ADVERTISEMENT

2A Baseball

gpeckham

Nov 13, 2009
Football is over. Time for baseball. Who will be the 2A teams to beat. West Valley is senior heavy and will hit the baseball, not to sure about the pitching.

cedarcrest should return some talent. selah is losing a bunch of studs, but will still be good. sehome is going to be there. but it should be up in the air. no one is a clear favorite

I think you are corrext on those schools. In the GNL I think Cheney could be real good. How about Ephrata and Othello in the CWAC and also Ellensburg.

GSHL should be a dogfight but I think Mark Morris looks the strongest.

Hockinson has some good youngins that will keep the program at least competitive for the next few years. ;)

Varsity returners include Zach Borge (sr), Casey Sawyer (sr), Bradley Chicks (sr), Cameron Crawford (jr), Casey Herzog (sr), Brady Hylton (jr), Kolby Lester (jr), Connor Perry (jr), and Austin Stanek (sr).

Lotta young guys floated and saw some good varsity minutes last year and return this year:
Keegan Burke (so.), Torey Dunn (so.), Clayton Jones (jr.), Blake Kjensrud (so.), Ryan Logan (so.) and a few others.

Hawks apparently have a very talented freshman in Jake Manson, time will only tell how he turns out this year.

As usual I expect Mark Morris, Ridgefield, R.A. Long and Hockinson all to be competitive. Ridgefield returns Jake Atchley on the mound for his senior season, he'll be tough to hit off of. Spuds also have a nice young group of hitters.

Mark Morris returns almost everyone including Poole, a very strong pitcher. Other big returners are Pederson, Carpenter, Williams, Atkins, McCoy, Coleman, Whitten, Burnett, Molner. Two seniors last year. Nothing is ever set in stone but the Monarchs look to return the most talent and I believe they will be the 2A GSHL front-runners. They return great guys on the mound and a bunch of swingers at the plate, just a great group of hitters who are always dangerous.

RA Long graduated a good amount of guys: Barbee, Cathcart, Dale Chamberlain, Cheatley, Harris, Helem, Johnson, but they also return an experienced group of kids for this next year.

Williams, Welch, Puvogel, Pederson, Wegdahl, and a few others were big for the Jax last year. These guys can hit and will swing at anything, they hit off of some pretty dang good aces last year. From what I heard they've got two pretty talented freshman this year, but that could just be a rumor.

Like I said, Mark Morris looks to be the front-runner as of now, but nothing is ever set in stone. Look for Hockinson, Ridgefield, and R.A. Long to compete as well.

Washougal and Woodland will likely be the bottom two again.

Ephrata and Othello both graduated a lot of players. Othello had a solid jv team and should reload. Ephrata did not have a lot of depth at the jv so things may be grim for the tigers. Ellensburg is right up there with Selah and should finish 1 or 2 in the CWAC.

Cedarcrest will be there again. they are returning 6 seniors that have been to state for the last 3 years and they no how to get there... even though they lost cook and a couple of there bats they still make it up with a couple of younger guys. Look for cedarcrest to be strong this year and potentially make another run!

WF West has to be the early favorite. Their best players are returning from their 3rd place finish last year. They pitch, hit, and play defense. They will match up with any team in the state.

WF west will be the strongest and the team to beat. I played them last year to get to the state title game and they are a well put together team. Hit, pitch, and play D

West Valley Yakima moved down to 2A that just makes the CWAC that much stronger. they have Lucas Hinton who pitched on the Pepsi PAk and is a stud!

Selah is alsways a strong team with great coaches and need some leadership to step

WV yakima is now going to stay at the 3A level... the CWAC approved it and now the WIAA will likely do the same. So the Rams stay at 3A.

West, Selah, yes. Othello -- I don't think so. They're JV isn't up to dealing with what Selah and E'burg will throw at them on the mound and offensively. Don't know that much about west side teams, but have to assume Cedarcrest will be in the hunt. It should be a good year. Can't wait....

Cedarcrest will definitely be one of the top teams in the Cascade Conference, but that's not much of a challenge since it is definitely the weakest conference in the state, but unless Gunnar Swanson learns to pitch well under pressure, they will not make it very far into playoffs. they also lost 5 starters, three of which who were all-state players, and the middle part of the batting order.

well csp19.. i no sence you are one of the graduating players from cedarcrest you dont believe that our team will be just as good as last year. you played with gunnar swanson in summer ball and see what he could do when he is on. cedarcrest will be just as dominant with mark bishop and gunnar swanson on the mound both throwing in the high 80's even touching 90. yes we lost 4 main starters but with the 5 remaining that have been to state for three years in a row it... cedarcrest is still way talented

Your an idiot and you dont throw heat. You claim only losing 4 players but its really 5. 4 of which have started almost every game since freshman year. You lost the best pitcher in the state, another pitcher who posted even better numbers in playoffs over 3 years and was the leader or #2 in every offensive stat over a 3 year period, the best defensive weapon on the team who could play every position on the field and put up very high OBP every year, you also lost your 2Bman who was a consistant .333 hitter every year through season and playoffs, and you also lost the other batter who was the leader or #2 in every other offensive stat over the 3 years and was also a defensive player who played everywhere on the field.

So i guess losing The starting SS, 2B, Catcher, the #1 and #2 pitchers, both CF's, starting 1B, the number 2, 3, 4, 5, and 6 hitters, the 2A MVP as well as the MVP of all levels for baseball last season, a 1st Team all-state, a 2nd Team all-state, and an HM all-state, yeah thats not losing that much talent.

I will agree pitching might be there for this season as long as all of them pull their heads out this year and pass classes. But the big question is the hitting. For the younger guys it's always been off and on. If they show up watch out. But they have just never been as consistant as the seniors last year.

Great another show off at craigs house.... No breaking chairs.... your right we did loose a lot of talent but still have 5 seniors left to pick up in their place. If mark bishop can step up like he did in the state championships and he isnt a bad hitter either. tommy edwardas always puts up great numbers at the plate. if dakota bunce can come back strong he is a dangerous hitter. and yes craig, jansen passed all his classes so they in another gun in the outfeild. Gunnar swanson can step up to the mound to be dominant and if he hit like he did in last years season, cedarcrest will still have a good offense. Tanner marty coming up can swing the bat and so can pual wilen. even though you guys that graduated dont beleive in us you will see what we can still do. you can come watch the games this year because i no you at least want to see barstad... and michael

Hahaha. Me and Coach B are gonna tear it up this spring! Haha. And Gunnar youre still an idiot, stop referring to yourself in the 3rd person... And this discussion board is a joke these days... But i got no doubt that you guys will be atleast top 10 during the reg season again considering we were never ranked but were in the final 4 three years in a row... and oh ya, got a ring last year!

One more thought, Selah aint got shit on you guys anymore!! Haha.

I love the 2A fans. They are always talking about something or at least talking SMACK... I think it's GREAT. Keep up the good work.

"I love the 2A fans. They are always talking about something or at least talking SMACK... I think it's GREAT. Keep up the good work."

..and even in the off-season! ;)

The odd thing is: people often say that players and teams who post and read posts about their teams on the internet end up not doing so well because they overthink and the posting makes them have second thoughts about things, etc... Cedarcrest players, you were posting all year and you guys won the title! That myth has been sunk! :)
This post was edited on 1/31 4:43 PM by HockSports

I figured, you guys don't seem serious when you're talking smack to each other. Team chemistry to the max! ;)

um no.... from what i herd and seen there isn't going to be any freshman that are going to make an impact... all the guys in the freshman class our pretty small, but we will have to wait and see untill baseball season.

I think Archbiship lost several seniors from last year. Not too sure. They seem to get pounded in the playoffs the last couple of years though. They sure did hit a lot of home runs last year though..

Arch Bishop is stacked again. They lost a couple seniors but still have there 3, 4 and 5 hitters at least. And there number 1 on the mound, Ty Kane. Im always pullin for my boys at Cedarcrest but if Arch Bishop doesnt choke in the playoffs again then they might be my pick for it all... If not, theyre still atleast final 4. Damn, that was really hard to admit.... Haha. But true.

It's actually unbelievable how stacked district 1 is. They have won the title the last 4 years (granite falls, sehome, sehome, cedarcrest)...Maybe they should let more seeds in to state. I mean, the last 2 years the state champ has been a #3 seed anyway, so the teams who barely make it in are still talented.

Oh my god Gunnar your grammar is horrible, I would just like to say. I would just like to put that only four of the five returning seniors have started since their freshman year, you did not start a varsity game until your junior year, lol. Oh and Gunnar, you will not hit twelve home runs this year, so stop givin me s*** about how you're going to hit more home runs than I did in high school. Cedarcrest's good years are over after the so called "Men of Ten" have come and gone. I love you guys, but the state trophy will not reside in Cedarcrest's small trophy case after this year, but I just wanna give a big "F*** You" to Selah. You guys have gone to the state semi's more times than any other high school, but you still have nothing to show from it. Maybe you guys will think before you say "Redwolf Killers" before you guys play us. F*** You Selah, F*** you. This is Cameron Padron, you stay classy Duvall.

I really dont no what to say to that. Cameron is just letting out his frustration and how much he hates selah, i guess. Cameron we have played many years together and they will never take away what our team did last year and the years before. I probally wont hit 12 homeruns, but our team is dam good. i really dont care what happens to cedarcrest baseball team after i graduate. like you said, once this class is gone a lot will change. I no you will come watch the games this year because you dont have anything else to do sence you couldnt handle the college life. I wont get in depth on that matter, Cameron you no what i no. also i had a better pitching record then you sophmore year.
Sincerley
Gunnar

Sorry Gunnar, just had a really bad day when i posted that, I love you man, good luck this season.

Gee Cam...As if Cedarcrest didnt have a bad enough rep already, you pretty much just tarnished all hope of people liking the team haha

When you have enough tradition like Selah then go ahead and talk your s***. Ya congrats on state. But how many times have you made it there? or how many time has your programe made it there? Selah is always in it, ya they might not win it every year, but do they make a run for it year in and year out. How many of your kids go on to play college ball every year?
What about league champs? District Champs? reginal champs? how many under your belt?? how many under your programs belt?
And also congrats on a good 3 year run.....maybe you can crongrat the selah program since Mike Arhcer took over in 1990 on a pretty damn good 19 year run...

Ya it seems like Selah cares more about it's program that Cedarcrest. Selah does have the tradition, and Cedarcrest did have a talented run. But I think the most important thing is believing in your program. A true teammate supports the school's team after they leave. But state titles are cool too...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT