ADVERTISEMENT

3A boys state bracket posted

interesting how Renton, O'Dea, Rainer Beach, and Lynden all end up on one side of the bracket.

Early predictions are tough...i think Seattle Prep will be in the championship for the lower half of the bracket.

I'll have to agree with Mike and Sharpie. Prep couldn't have done better if they hand picked thier bracket, but whoever comes from the top bracket WILL be battle tested.

Squalicum vs Renton....... Lets just hope squalicum doesnt miss ONE shot and plays really good defense. Pretty much the state championship teams are in the top bracket. to bad it wasnt more mixed up, they title game isnt going to be as good as it could be. For all spectators going to watch, should probably go see the 2nd day of the tournament.

I have to agree with Mike and sharpie. Seattle prep did land a good bracket. The top bracket truly has the larger handful of great games to watch. Just to twist it a bit and place a "but," on the bracket... some stats below.

Interesting stats;
win/loss: top bracket 159-41 -- bottom bracket 151-42
Seattletimes rankings: top bracket 5 teams -- bottom bracket 4 teams

Doesn't seem to be that far off when looked at from that point of view.. :) haha
The champ from the top bracket is truly going to be battle tested, but can you imagine the feeling of momentum once getting through those to the championship game! Still, doesn't seem too lopsided, but time will tell on that one. Can't wait to get there on wednesday!

Squali, yeah, best of luck with Renton. Go in guns-a-blazin!!!

It's happened more than once in state hoop draws. The road is a bit longer in the upper bracket this tourney, which always makes for great conversation around the water coolers. Good Luck to the Squalicum & Lynden teams.

Seattle Prep could have hand-picked a better bottom bracket. They could have had Squalicum down there. I am kidding. The bracket isnt as lopsided as i first thought. You have to think, O'Dea vs. North Central is already going to eliminate one good team, and thats on the first day. We can sit here and discuss it all we want, it all has to do with who shows up. It will be interesting.

ADVERTISEMENT