ADVERTISEMENT

3A CBL

aw902

Aug 7, 2004
Basketball season is just around the corner.. I'm not too familiar with teams this season, especially with the teams from the former Big 9. Anyone want to give overviews of what teams will be bringing to the league this year?

I think it will be interesting to say the least. I think Hanford will be tough again this year with Tommy Begalka and the supporting cast. No big guys like Severin, which should open (speed) up their game.

On the others, Southridge (with Jason Munns)and Kennewick (with Robbie Mitchell) will be tough. Kamiakin has a new coach from River Ridge with roots in the Tri-Cities, but I am not sure he can turn the program around in the first season. Eastmont, West Valley, and Sunnyside -- I'm not to sure of their talent base, but based on last season's teams and JV teams -- I don't remember anything that special.

It will be fun to watch though...

I grew up watching Hanford basketball and I remember always seeing our lineups averaging maybe 6 1 or so.. and West Valley would have everyone on their starting lineup be 6 3 or taller and dominate us... And then my senior year we were the team with everyone 6 3 or taller, it was great timing. Now it's back to the Hanford teams like they used to be..

Hanford has had been fairly lucky to have some height the last couple of years. The 2004-05 team was a very special team with height and athletic ability. This year, the Hanford team will be like the 2001-02 and 2002-03 teams, which were good, but did not have that post presence. It's going to be a fun year with lots of good match-ups in the 3A CBL. Also, Hanford will be playing the Bombers twice and I expect a full house - Falcon and Bomber Gyms will be rocking.
This post was edited on 10/9 10:38 AM by miracle55if(GetAdminCookie() != 0) {document.write(' (Revisions[/URL])');}

Thinking about the Richland Hanford games sent a shiver up my back just thinking about it... I miss HS basketball =( I hope WSU can put out a respectible team before I graduate..

hanfords getting off to a slow start 2-4 but i know these players are going to turn it up, league opener tuesday vs kennewick. drew skinner hanfords all around post who can play the guard even better is the only player even atempting to rebound.. he might be the best defensive player in the league. alot of the player are trying to do to much. it should change with the coaching of mayer

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT