ADVERTISEMENT

3A Districts

gsldawg

Dec 17, 2003
Atleast the singles are done, out of the GSL, Clarkston swept districts, #1 seed is Nick Rooney (clk senior)
#2 Seed is Richard Muszynski (III) (Clk Freshmen)
#3 Seed is Eric Iliff (Clk Senior)

Doubles start on Wednesday the 18th at East Valley high school, I expect Clarkston to send 1 for sure possibly 2 doubles teams.

All the players in MVL league at regionals should be able to beat everyone from the GSL league. Both singles and doubles. Good luck to everyone at districts!

The one that can come out of the GSL is Nick Rooney of Clarkston. He went to state last year and has a shot of going again. I don't think he would beat Lei, but he could beat Belford. As far as the doubles go, the two spots are gone. #1 Plesha's, #2 Brantner/Collinsworth.

Nick Rooney will Slaughter Lei, and Iliff will probably beat him to, as for doubles go you are right unless somthin crazy happens
This post was edited on 5/15 10:37 PM by gsldawgif(GetAdminCookie() != 0) {document.write(' (Revisions[/URL])');}

Let me put it this way, Lei beat me last year at singls...but since he played doubles in the post season, I placed third at districts behind Wagar of West Valley and Kevin Floyd of Grandview...and Belford came in fourth which I barely beat. I played Nick Rooney last year and yes he beat 6-4,4-6, 7-6, for the last spot for state but that was because I was off the whole match...just ask Rooney himself, he'll tell you. I've seen Lei play this year and he has improved a lot from last year so has Belford. So GSL better watch out cause MVL is about to sweep you guys.

ACEINYOURFACE must be Kahlid Benedicto or however u spell it. I was at sunnyside to watch u get whooped by Nick Rooney. Kahlid u cannot even say that you didnt play well cuz normally rooney would have crushed you. Rooney was only a jr and he still worked you, so don't talk like you are better then u were. This means you and Pedro must know eachother and that explains why you talk crap but cannot back it up.

GSLDAWG.....do you even play tennis. Nick Rooney is not good...I guess we'll se what happens at Regionals...then talk crap when MVL sweeps GSL. GSL is worthless, from the previous years it's always been a sweep on the boys side and last year out of 12 spots to state on both the boys and the girls side...only one GSL player went. We'll just see what happens and if you show up at regionals...I'll bring my racket and we'll see how good you are and see if you can back up your crap. Peace!

I was also at the tourney last year. Nick Rooney didn't whoop Benedicto. It was a hard fought match by two players who were very even. No offense to Khalid who is a good player, but Oliver Lei is a better player and will beat Rooney based on what I saw. Lei went 9-3 in league this year. (lost a three setter to Brantner of WV and twice to Danny Plesha of Sunnyside 6-0, 6-0 and 6-0, 6-1. But so did everyone else) I predict Lei gets #1 to state with Cody Alliston of Selah #2. People aren't talking about this Freshman but he plays Champs USTA and beat Belford this year. Rooney, Alliston, and Belford will fight it out for the 2nd spot I think. But that's why we play, isn't it? Oh, and aceinyourface, you are a good player, but you should never say someone is "not good" when they did beat you.
This post was edited on 5/16 5:40 PM by spokalooif(GetAdminCookie() != 0) {document.write(' (Revisions[/URL])');}

By the way Aceinyourface, there was a gsl doubles team that went also , so check facts before you say somthin, and plus rnt u in college now so y u talkin crap bout a sr in high school that did beat you when he didnt play well. O ya and Oliver Lei lost to Alex Matton from Lewiston at the Pasco tournament, and Richard Muszynski the 2 seed from the gsl beat Matton 6-0, 6-0. Also Rooney took Eric Otto from Kamiakin to 3 sets, and took 4th at the pasco invite, what did Lei get at the the Pasco invite. O ya i dont think he placed. (And Lei is better then Benedicto so that shows how good Benedicto is.)
This post was edited on 5/16 6:05 PM by gsldawgif(GetAdminCookie() != 0) {document.write(' (Revisions[/URL])');}

don't underestimate clarkston. True, in previous years the mvl has dominated regionals but there are no Floyd or wagers this year on the singles side either. I don't know anything about belford or the selah guy but i know clarkston is stacked this year in singles. At lewiston invite, Clarkston's one, two, and three were all playing Kamiakin in the finale with richard muszynski beating quin miller, who is no slouch in straight sets. Nick rooney at one lost in three sets to eric otto. Eric iliff lost badly to alex hart, but hart played incredible and was nearly beaton by iliff in the round robin portion of the tournament. Again, in pasco invite all three clarkston players did well and oliver lei did not. I think gsl could take the singles portion of regionals with the winner of muszynski and iliff taking on rooney in the final. without a doubt howeer i can tell you rooney would win easily over oliver lei, having seen both of them play and i can honestly say rooney has improved vastly from last year and if you need proof just look at the tournament results.

The MVL does in no way compare to the GSL. The GSL is ranked nationally for being one of the toughest leagues in the nation. Clarkston placed 3rd this year in the gsl in tennis and they are a 3a team. I wouldn't count them out of a sweap in regional singles competition. I think you all might be taken aback by their new freshmen who took Iliff by surprise at districts. I feel sorry for whoever has to play him first round because they are going to lose 6-0, 6-0. As for oliver Lei, If you can't beat Alex Mayton, why even try at regionals? You will just get imbarrassed. Good luck to you guys on the east side.

What national ranking is it? Who did the poll? They don't rank those things. Tennis in the GSL is week this year compared to years past.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT