Game 1: Inglemoor vs Roosevelt 9am
Game 2: Kentridge vs Mariner 10:30am
Game 3: Redmond vs Federal Way 12pm
Game 4: Todd Beamer vs Walla Walla 2pm
Game 5: Curtis vs Eisenhower 3:30pm
Game 6: Mountlake Terrace vs Foss 5pm
Game 7: Gonzaga Prep vs Decatur 7pm
Game 8: Lake Stevens vs Garfield 8:30am

If there are "marquee" games of the first-round, they would have to go to Curtis vs Ike and Gonzaga Prep vs Decatur.

Hopefully, Foss can represent for the city of Tacoma. =)

What sticks out like a sore thumb for me is the fact that in 4A Boys and Girls, there is not a single team from SW Washington. We got skunked!!

It's all happening in 3A for SW right now statewide. Union boys, Prairie girls have clinched a berth. River guys will probably get their spot although they have not secured it yet. :)

Anyway here are my predictions for the first round games.

WARNING: These are just for fun and some will likely be way off because I don't know about one or both of the teams in the matchup. I'm just taking a wild guess anyway! :)

Game 1: Inglemoor 61, Roosevelt 58
Game 2: Kentridge 59 Mariner 51
Game 3: Federal Way 68, Redmond 52
Game 4: Walla Walla 56, Beamer 43
Game 5: Eisenhower 67, Curtis 44
Game 6: Foss 74, Mountlake Terrace 49
Game 7: Gonzaga Prep 55, Decatur 51
Game 8: Garfield 76, Lake Stevens 45

Watch out for the Bullpups, they have all the pieces and after taking the hard road at regionals are going to be ready to play in game 1.

Originally posted by eastsideballer:
Watch out for the Bullpups, they have all the pieces and after taking the hard road at regionals are going to be ready to play in game 1.

I'm looking forward to Gonzaga Prep's David Stockton (John Stockton's son) shadowing Decatur guard star Marcus Tibbs and vice versa. WOW!
smilie1.gif

That's a first-round treat.

Yes that matchup will be a good one for sure, although I am not entirely sure that is who will guard him. I think the edge for Gonzaga will be their inside game, I dont see anyone on Decatur being able to match up with Prep in that position.

Yes that matchup will be a good one for sure, although I am not entirely sure that is who will guard him. I think the edge for Gonzaga will be their inside game, I dont see anyone on Decatur being able to match up with Prep in that position.

I don't know much about the bigs of GP. Tell us more.
smilie1.gif

But this columnist predictions Decatur will beat Federal Way in the finals.

State Predictions

The bigs for GP are kind of like a one-two punch. Hard for most teams to match up with both of them. One of the best in the state is Ryan Nicholas, a 6'7" strong body that can take you off the block or hurt you on the perimeter. Quick, strong, skilled he is their leading scorer and rebounder. If you find a match up for him then there is Travis Long, 6'5" 240, recently signed his LOI to WSU for football. He is an athletic lefty that can also hit the 15 footer and is very agile for his size. Between the two of them teams have their hands full.

The bigs for GP are kind of like a one-two punch. Hard for most teams to match up with both of them. One of the best in the state is Ryan Nicholas, a 6'7" strong body that can take you off the block or hurt you on the perimeter. Quick, strong, skilled he is their leading scorer and rebounder. If you find a match up for him then there is Travis Long, 6'5" 240, recently signed his LOI to WSU for football. He is an athletic lefty that can also hit the 15 footer and is very agile for his size. Between the two of them teams have their hands full.

I knew we had a commit from a Spokane HS but I didn't know he could hoop it up. That's whats up. hehe...Well I'll have to have a soft spot for GP tomorrow at state but not too much haha...

You gonna be at the dome eastsideballer?

Do you think Ryan Nicholas is D-1 material? Nice to see dem ballas still coming out of Spokane. GU is my 2nd favorite hoops team but has been ever since Casey Calvary.

Absolutely I will be at the Dome, in fact most of the Seattle reporters are calling the Prep/Decatur game the matchup of the night.

Ryan Nicholas will go DI, he is already getting a lot of serious looks from a lot of schools and as a junior will only go up in value as the summer hits. He will play for FOH.

As for Travis, the kid is a flat out athlete and YES he can ball.

Absolutely I will be at the Dome, in fact most of the Seattle reporters are calling the Prep/Decatur game the matchup of the night.

Ryan Nicholas will go DI, he is already getting a lot of serious looks from a lot of schools and as a junior will only go up in value as the summer hits. He will play for FOH.

As for Travis, the kid is a flat out athlete and YES he can ball.

Baller...U should like my tight of sports bud haha...U post on any of the scout.com boards? I'll keep my eyes on GP from what I can follow online. I wish I was gonna be at the T-Dome this year but it's all good.

I'll get back to WA State and see the state hoops action once again. Do u know if WSU is looking at Ryan?? or any Pac-10 schools???

The support is appreciated from wherever you are. Ryan is only a Junior so it is from what I hear still a bit early to speculate. I would assume that interested schools will start making themselves known later this year.

The support is appreciated from wherever you are. Ryan is only a Junior so it is from what I hear still a bit early to speculate. I would assume that interested schools will start making themselves known later this year.

No problem. We should try to meet up at hoopfest this year if you go!

You can follow all the 4A state boys and girls hoop games via the webcast link below. This is how I follow all the games I want when I can't hit up the Tacoma Dome for all the action.

Just find the game you want under ORGANIZATION NAME and click on that game. Then find the webcast link under FINAL SCORE. Usually the webcast for the game starts at tip. Enjoy...

Note: This is also cool because if you click any game for any classification, you will see all the games listed for that classification for the whole tournament and then you can follow games all day long.

4A State Boys and Girls Webcast Link

Husky prospect Gary Bell had about 17 pts today vs Mariner.

#8 Kentridge prevailed 65-50.

#1 Federal Way beat Remond today 66-36.

Barrington (WSU football signee) was the leading scorer for his team with 13 pts.

Federal Way plays the winner of Beamer/Walla Walla tomorrow at 5pm.

That CyberSports webcast partnership with the WIAA is now rubbish, I feel. In year's past, you could follow a game in ALMOST real time (about 1-3 minute delay). Now the games aren't even posted until well after the buzzer sounds.

That's the point--- they want you live, in-person at the dome, duh!

Originally posted by Wolfreak:
That CyberSports webcast partnership with the WIAA is now rubbish, I feel. In year's past, you could follow a game in ALMOST real time (about 1-3 minute delay). Now the games aren't even posted until well after the buzzer sounds.

That's the point--- they want you live, in-person at the dome, duh!

I followed all the games fine at work today except for the 8:30pm games. I'm not sure what was going on but those two games (boys and girls) didn't work for me!

Gary Bell (Kentridge) had 32 pts today in a win over Inglemoor. I believe this dude has an offer to UW!

Wolfreak what are you talking about, man?! CyberSportsUSA is wonderful! Quick, detailed, and you don't have to pay just to get the details like last year. Screw the partnership. :)

so what is the chances of a rematch federal way-foss in the championship saturday night?
I think federal way will win 62-60 in ot and foss wins 54-49.
With Foss winning it all by a score of 66-62

Originally posted by abesrulez:
so what is the chances of a rematch federal way-foss in the championship saturday night?
I think federal way will win 62-60 in ot and foss wins 54-49.
With Foss winning it all by a score of 66-62

Well we got our re-match brah. I gotta go with Foss of Tacoma. Falcons may be lacking height but they don't lack quickness and pressure defense. I think Garfield is really a one-man show and Foss is more of a team.

Not sure who to pick in the top side, but I thing Foss gets past Garfield and then handles either FW or KR for the championship. "handle" doesn't mean blowout, I think Foss wins by 5 or less

Originally posted by snakedad:
Not sure who to pick in the top side, but I thing Foss gets past Garfield and then handles either FW or KR for the championship. "handle" doesn't mean blowout, I think Foss wins by 5 or less

I think Foss can win it all but is lacking true height. I'm not sure how the other teams matchup as far as big guys but Foss will use it's speed and leadership to win it all.

Personally I think Garfield takes it all! But I could be very wrong indeed, no telling what's gonna happen!

Garifield and Federal way in the championship.
Foss got blown out of the gym it looks like by the score.

Originally posted by abesrulez:
Garifield and Federal way in the championship.
Foss got blown out of the gym it looks like by the score.

Foss did get blown out and it sucks! -( I'll be going for Federal Way for sure!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT