ADVERTISEMENT

54 45 Ferndale over Squalicum

Ferndale over Squalicum

67 -53 final. Congrats
Jake Schroeder a big nite with 24
This post was edited on 1/13 8:50 PM by chance44

Re: Ferndale over Squalicum

Does Walton have Ferndale heading in the right direction or what? Appears that way. Have lost to Lynden by 2 and 12 to Anacortes. Good to see someone like Monte Walton get an opportunity to head coach. He was a great asset at Meridian the last few years.

I think it's now official: the panic button at Squalicum has been pushed. 2 losses in a week and heading to Lynden on Tuesday. I was trying to remember when Ferndale last best Sqaulicum in hoops, I'd have to say it's at least 8 years ago? Does anyone else know? I mean any of the 3 of you guys who actually follow NWC ball on this board.

-Passion8
This post was edited on 1/14 5:39 AM by passion8

You're right, there has to be some concern by Dickson with what has transpired. To answer your question about Ferndale, I can't recall the last time they beat the Storm.

The Storm will be fine. I mentioned Ferndale as a team to watch in a pre-season thread because of their athletic bigs and new coaching staff. Squally's only true "big" (Mattix) is nursing a gimpy ankle so an already tough matchup inside was an even bigger factor on Friday. The bigger issue with Squalicum is their outside shooting and the lack of consistency right now. That was the single biggest reason for the loss to Bellingham a week earlier and I think they need to re-establish their normal long-range confidence.

They lost several games last season before embarking on yet another long post-season run and I for one see that happening again this with this group.

My two cents...

I wouldn't sell Squalicum short. Maybe getting the spotlight on someone else will allow them to regroup to make a run. There is certainly enough time. The Lynden game looms large in my mind. If the Storm play a good, hard fought game, and they win, or lose a close one, I'm still on board. If they get blown out of their own gym, color me skeptical.

Call it what you want. Squalicum's inconsistent shooting and lack of depth in the middle must be a concern at this point.

-Passion8

ADVERTISEMENT