ADVERTISEMENT

Aldridge resigns from Prairie after 32 years

statewide

Jan 18, 2004
I spoke to soon about him not being done yet with his records at Prairie but on Tuesday, he announced that he would be taking the Clark Girls varsity head coaching job. This will change the landscape in girls high school basketball in SW Washington for sure. I haven't heard who takes over at Prairie but that is going to be a tough job. I wish him well.

Great way to end though, eh? You graduate a protege in Corral and win a state title. Timing, in my opinion, couldn't have been any better.

With the legacy at Prairie, I would imagine that job would attract some high-profile coaches. I expect the program to remain a big program.

Look out for those Penguins at Clark with Aldridge at the helm! Guthrie, Clark's new AD has collected a high number of top-notch coaches in the past year. Watch out, Clark athletics are comin!

great way to go out for sure, but if he was going to leave, I would have hoped it would be for a better opportunity. In this state, there are probably even fewer who would care if he won a championship at a community college than if he won another at Prairie.

Take in a game or two of NWAACC women's basketball. Competition between Clark and it's rivals LCC and Centralia should be fierce. In many cases they are trying to recruit the same group of athletes.

I will do just that and hope I get caught up in that league. I wonder who is going to take over for Aldridge at Prairie. That is going to be interesting. I am guessing the Assistant Coach and former player will probably get the nod.

It won't be an assistant or former player. The coach will be a extension of the family and there for the end of a great dynasty by Prairie.
Aldridge's departure closes the book on a successful program . Prairie fans will have to get used to mediocrity along with a lot of he other GSHL aside from Camas and Skyview.

It was inevitable that this time would come. It is always the hope that the Peyton Manning eras will last forever but we all know they don't. Like the Colts, the run is over for the Falcons and the odds and/or where-with-all to select a successor that has the vision and capability to motivate a community and excite
interest at the youth level are slim. Most can't or won't put the effort and invest the time
that Aldridge did.
Don't expect the immediate successor to achieve that. They will coach
for the moment and not for the program as an entirety. This is more common than not and
this is what has been the norm and excepted at Prairie for years, other than Aldridge's
program, of course.
The End.
This post was edited on 5/5 9:41 AM by wasports

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT