ADVERTISEMENT

All-State.?

krg281

Oct 28, 2011
Does anybody know when the Associated Press will come out with their All-State Team?

Here's a few to prime the pump:
QB: Billy Green, Kings; Alex Myrick, Royal; Mac Shaw, Tenino, Derek Smith, Chewelah (Athlete perhaps); Ruvim Tyutyunnik, River View (Soph.)
RB: Mario Gobatto, Blaine; Nolan Hoiness, Hoqqy; Jake Gall, Cle Elum; Jake Schleimer, Baker; LaCenter fullback
WRs: Devante Harris, Tenino; Caleb Taylor, King's; Ben Welch, King's; Trey Handy, Nooksack
OL: Mason Friedline, King's; left tackle for Blaine, can't remember name at moment; Mt. Baker had a couple; Monte had a couple; Spencer Blackburn, Meridian

Defense, I'm a little fuzzier on. King's had some DBs, and Friedline was a good DL as well. Monte always has good linebackers. Spencer Blackburn DE. Alex Myrick (LB?, Safety?)

The All-State team was delayed a bit, but ballots went out to the papers today and the team will be released Saturday.

Anybody looking at any CC kids? Brar, Wood corners, Austin and Roosendaal LB's and punter? The line was solid as well? They did get eliminated early in the playoffs but did have a quality win over Monte their second game.???

Just saying this and I probably will get roasted for it but Matthew Jensen from Montesano played Billy Green twice this year and last, he played Mac Shaw twice once at Tenino this year and last year at Rainier, and Alex Myrick in the Finals this year. He not only beat them all but I think that you can say he outplayed them all as well. He should be the 1A QB of the year.

Billy Green hurt his throwing hand early in the game or he would have played a lot better.

http://www.heraldnet.com/article/20121117/SPORTS01/711179855

Montes Defensive standouts were LBs Elliot Mendenhall,Kenny Roy,Mathew Jensen, DB Ben Ohashi.
Offensive Standouts were Mathew Jensen QB 228 att 144 comp 2291 yds 22 TDs 4Ints 632 rush yds.7 TDs.
Elliot Mendenhall 1157 yds 14 TDs Tucker Ibabo 1115 yds 21 TDs At RB
Rec Ben Ohashi 51 REC 751 yds 8 td
Punter and Kicker Anthony Louthan kicked a 43 yard FG in championship game with plenty of distance.

Charles Wright has the best OL/DL in the A classification No. 77 6ft 4. 360lbs and is an athlete fcrgot his name but
only a junior.Charles Wright had some studs but losing in first round makes it hard to be seen.

Tenino has WR Devonte Harris.

Jackie Wood was the DB who shut down B.Ohashi and M. Jensen on three straight plays to preserve a win for CC over Monte. He also kept Trey Handy out of the end zone in CC's win over Nooksak last year along with 2 TD's as a sophomore. (Handy did have a record setting reception day, but the points on the board are the ones that count.)

http://westcoastpreps.com/profile/jackiewood
This post was edited on 12/19 9:35 AM by HSFBFun!

King's Chris Jenkins should be on list. He made life easier for everyone on that team. A major force at MLB who was most forceful tackler on team. He doesn't get the ink that Friedline gets because he's not 6'5" 280 and doesn't play a glamor position on offense (guard) like Taylor and Welch, but he is a stud. He was a major reason Green got sacked so few times last year. A major contributor to King's success these last few years that gets compeltely overlooked. I know four guys are already on that list from kings but Jenks made everyone around him better.

Jensen would be my pick for athlete and probably MVP because he was everywhere, but Green is a better QB, he's just not a runner.

After reading some of the posts the othernight I was trying to think of other ball players and Jenkins was the first player who popped up saw him play the last two years and he is everywhere on everyplay what a motor. Kings will miss him. And who said Billy Green doesn't run. He has moves like a ghost and deceptive speed. Monte and Hoquiam had nightmares trying to contain him. He had a fantastic running QB that played ahead of him in Thomas Vincent.

Cle Elum's Jake Gall was his league's MVP for Offense & Defence.
Even though he equally shared time with 2 other good running backs, only carring the ball 104 times the entire season, he averaged over 13 yards a carry and scoring 24 tds.
He lead his team in receiving, 24/460 scoring 5 times.
That equalls out to 1 touchdown every 4 times he touched the ball

As MLB he ammased 131 total tackles, 4 ints, 2 going back for touchdowns.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT