ADVERTISEMENT

Almost District Time!

QPride

Dec 11, 2004
Ok, board has been quiet. Just curious how everybody thinks the CWAC played out this year. Haven't had much opportunity to watch many games, but looking at the standings I think they are fairly close to how everybody thought. A few surprises in the last couple weeks just to keep things exciting! What do you all think?
This post was edited on 1/23 10:43 AM by QPride

I think and wonder why this site is even around anymore as it gets such little play.

Ok, nobody wants to venture out, thats ok, maybe I will just throw out something and see if anybody bites!!! According to the standings:

1. Prosser Pretty obvious they would be great this year,, they are. And will be for a while it looks like.
2. East Valley Honestly, surprised me a bit, thought they lost more than they did, they are doing quite well
3. Wapato, Again a bit of a surprise, but Blodgett coaches very well, and these girls listen.
4. Grandview, Ellensburg tie, Grandview very young and doing very well, thought they would be a bit lower, Ellensburg, usually a good team, not so sure they should be as high as they are, big kids aren't as strong as in the past
6. Ephrata, Toppenish tie, Ephrata, good group of athletes, should be better, what is happening there? Toppenish, these girls have really earned this position, play hard, keep getting better.
8. Selah young kids again, playing on par, should be even better in the coming years.
9. Quincy Been struggling for a few years, doesn't look better in the near future.
10. Othello Been a tough year, and nothing coming up.

Okay, hopefully this will stir something up, anything?

There are still 4 CWAC games left. Grandview is tied for 4th now but play Prosser, Ellensburg, Toppenish and Wapato in the last 4 games so there will be some jostling around by teams in the middle of the pack. Ephrata looked way better 2nd half of the season then they did the first part. If Quincy works on ball handling they will be much improved. They got lots of travel and double dribble calls but also got a lot of rebounds. Not sure if their big girls are seniors but if they are not they will be much better next year. Othello after Kirkwood gradutes will be in a rough spot.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT