ADVERTISEMENT

Amy Blakeslee for Player of the Year

cougartennisplayer

Feb 19, 2005
I believe Amy is not only the best pitcher in 1A, but all of Washington and maybe even the Northwest. She has stacked up the no-hitters through the years, although she has yet to have one this year, she will soon have one. Also her batting average is .738. She is an all around complete player, she can also play gold glove calliber outfield. There is no one player that can compare to Amy in any way. She will also be playing for Peirce University next, an up-and-coming program. Any thoughts?

I'm not sure who Amy Blakeslee is so don't think that I'm knocking her in any way, but what makes her the best pitcher in 1A, the state or the Northwest? The last two sound like blasphemy to me. I've seen the talent level of the GNL 2A schools and it's quite weak except for a few, so logic would lead me to believe that 1A would be a step down from there. Just my thoughts.

dude rice from colville isnt the ONLY good pitcher in the state, believe it or not there are other good ones out there too!

I don't remember saying anywhere that she is the only good pitcher in the state...you must not have read my message very well. What I asked for was evidence that an A class pitcher deserves to be called best in the state and the whole Northwest. I'm sure she's a good pitcher and I wish her the best; this is not about her, it's about a claim that one of her teammates or friends or whatever made. Like I said before...just my thoughts.

Ive got quite a few thoughts on this post but I'll keep it to a couple. First, where is this girl from, I want to watch her play. Two, what summer team does she play on, it must be a gold team somewhere. Please let me know, I have got to see this girl play. I'm sure that she is good but the best in the state and northwest!!?? I have got to see her play.

You know what happens when you assume something. I really have a hard time with over the top fans who make statements like best in the northwest. I've seen some of the better pitching in 1A, like last years state champion team from Kettle Falls. 2A teams would crush that. I really do want to see this girl play, and I do wish her the best of luck the rest of the year.

wow... that could be the biggest overstatement of the year. For those of you who don't know, which I wouldn't blame you because I wouldn't know who she is if I didn't play in the same league, Amy Blakeslee goes to Cascade Christian and plays in the Nisqually League. Not to discredit her or anything because she is a good pitcher and overall player, but I wouldn't even come close to saying that she's the best pitcher in 1A and certainly not the whole northwest. She wasn't even the best pitcher in the Nisqually League. I can think of 2-3 pitchers off the top of my head that were better then her. As far as her batting .738, I would say that's probably a stretch. I highly, highly doubt that. I've read the box scores throughout the season and the numbers in there don't add up to her hitting anywhere near .700 or above. Blakeslee is a good player, but I wouldn't go running your mouth saying she's the best pitcher in the state, let alone the northwest.

ADVERTISEMENT