3. Eisenhower (1) 15-0 58
4. Decatur 14-2 57
5. Kentwood 12-4 55
6. Gonzaga Prep 13-2 48
7. Curtis 14-4 31
8. Kentridge 11-6 18
9. Foss 11-4 17
10. Lincoln 11-4 7

Others receiving votes: Wenatchee 3. Mount Tahoma 2. Inglemoor 1. Evergreen (Vancouver) 1. Auburn 1. Central Kitsap 1.

WOW!!! 514-2...no wonder they are number one...they may be over the 20 game limit for high school teams though!
laugh.gif

Should be a fun finish to the regular season as it seems that an upset occurs almost every week.
Does anyone have any "skinny" on Ike? I see they are undefeated but then again they dont really play anyone in their conference. Are they really a #3 team?

wroten was not healthy when garfield played foss. He had a bad ankle well that is the report on him at least.

I believe that Wroten is back now although he was not there for Foss and another game. But I could be wrong, I just remember hearing it somewhere I think that he was back now.

(Ike)Doesn't play anyone in their conference?? they have beaten Walla Walla twice,( which beat Lake City, and lost to Post Falls by 3),beat West Valley of Yakima(twice) which is ranked in 3A, and beat a pretty good Wenatchee team..so I think Eisenhower has a pretty good resume'..

Yes like I said, Ike doesnt play anyone. Dont try to tell me Walla Walla, Lake City and Post Falls are any good. I know West Valley in Yakima has Borton but they along with Wenatchee are mediocre at best.
My point is that if you put Ike in the GSL, SPSL or Metro they would not be undefeated. They are in a weaker conference compared to the other divisions in the state.

So the question remains are they deserving of what they are getting? Maybe they are the real deal, I dont know but give me some information besides their record against second tier teams please.

Other than G-Prep, who in the GSL is tough?..And there isn't mediocrity in the GSL??..only 3 teams have winning records..and two of them are 3A..or is that parody?..we all know that the GSL was the better conference last year..but this year it may be different..all I know is that it should be a fun regional to watch..
This post was edited on 2/3 8:42 AM by ghsx2
This post was edited on 2/3 8:44 AM by ghsx2

ghsx2- Other than G Prep I would say Shadle is very solid as well. I guess what i am saying is that just like in football this year if the GSL top to bottom played the CBL or whatever they call themselves this year it would be a lopsided margin of victory. Overall the GSL is a better league and with that said it makes sense to say that Ike doesnt have the level of competition as even Spokane has.
As for whether the conference was better last year I suppose that is another debatable topic. Obviously with Ferris it added a tougher element but Shadle and G Prep were both very good as well. I think it is a similar year with a nod going to last season but that is just my opinion.

Regionals will be fun for those kids as well, it should be an entertaining weekend.

I understand what you're saying, and respect your opinion..I think this year in football however,it was an anomaly..the Big Nine, and that is what they call themselves(notice I said they, because I have no affiliation with the 4A's) just had a down year..that being said, in basketball I beg to differ..I do think that Shadle Park in the 3A is head and shoulders above what the Big 9 has to offer..but I think the others are pretty much even. I don't think the GSL is a better league maybe in football, but not in hoops and definitely not in baseball.. but we will find out in the regionals soon enough..although you guys do things differently in regards to playoffs..you guys count the overall records 3A vs 4A..but the Big 9 just counts 3A vs 3A etc for the post season. However Ike which was one game short of making it to state lost only one starter from that team so I think that kinda makes them a favorite..on a side note as much fun as the 4A regional should be, the girls side should be even more competitive..four pretty solid teams battling for 3 berths.

Thanks for the update on Wroten but I'm sure Garfield will come out of KingCo with a 4A state berth bid!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT