ADVERTISEMENT

Bruns + Crawford= Dynamic Duo

soccerking_07

Oct 18, 2005
Bruns and Crawford are the best two guys to have on the court they have been playing together since they were little guys, i think these two will cause some damage against sunnyside. these guys go like shaq and kobe but actually get along.

You may be correct there but if both these guys are at 75% then there are plenty of other duos in this league that can match them, and be able to stop them. I think next year though this team will be a force to be wreckoned with.

With the Prosser teams talent almost any two on the team could be a dynamic duo but the teams poor coaching does not allow all players to perform at their full potential. if anderson crawford lochrie torres and bruns play alot of minutes prosser will beat sunnyside in their third attempt.

readytodie

readytodie you seem to be very close to the situation in Prosser. Now living out of state I have not made it to any basketball games, the only info i get is on this board and talking to a certain person involved with the Prosser basketball program. If I understand your post correctly you have some strong opinions about the coaching, could you please expand on them. Just curious and would value your opinion.

Poor coaching, thats B.S.,I know for a fact coach Prior is a great coach and has turned that program around quickly, thats absurd!!!!!!!!!!!

he shure did turn that program around in a hurry. he seams like a good one to me. Im lookin forward to what readytodie has to say about it.

Thank you,Eburg cam, people dont even know how hard that job is, trying to get the kids time to play hoops, football is king in Prosser, why do you think Mr. Moore is on that staff? Wonder?

I tried to ask readytodie as nice as I could without making him too defensive, but i definately agree with you sport. He needs to speak up, when was the last time Prosser had a winning season? Prior has done a great job, and I can't wait for next year with Bruns and Crawford both healthy.

One of the biggest reasons this team is good is because a slew of them started playing AAU together many years ago and have logged a ton of tournaments...many a successful H.S. basketball team played AAU through the years.

Yes, the sophmores and juniors have been playing together since they were little guys. The talent is there and it's not because of the coaching. Remember the first year Prior coached, Prosser was in last place. They have done well in spite of the coaching. Moore coached the sophmores and juniors on JV and just let them play. They won game after game.

This post was edited on 2/18 11:43 PM by Mike Wif(GetAdminCookie() != 0) {document.write(' (Revisions[/URL])');}

This post was edited on 2/18 11:43 PM by Mike Wif(GetAdminCookie() != 0) {document.write(' (Revisions[/URL])');}

To readytodie:

You point out that his first year as coach prosser takes last place. Yea so? To switch from one coach to another, who may have different tactics is a tough switch. You cant expect to turn a school from the Football kings they are into a basketball powerhouse overnight.

Some of the greatest programs in the NCAA took years to build up. Mike Krysewski of Duke has one of the best programs in the nation. You dont think that the year he started coaching they had a 20 win season do you? It took lots of hard work and recruiting to become the powerhouse that they are now.

Another thing you point out is that Moore let them just play in JV. Exactly thats JV. Varsity is a different story. At the varsity level, players are more experienced, bigger, faster, and stronger. You cant just go out "play" and expect to win every game.

My guess is that the 7th and 8th graders now, will see next years Varsity do well, get interested in not only football, but basketball too. More kids trying out means more selection. The Prosser b-ball program is turning around nicely, and will continue to. At least in my opinion.

YES POOR COACHING with all capital letters. The reason for prossers turn around is they actually have some talent now not the coaching. Every game prosser has lost it was a close game and with some different coaching decesions they could have won the league. And 4th place in the MVL this year is nothing to be proud of.

Show me that the games were lost due to coaching, because I don't believe it.

Well i will just let you know one of the games the sunnyside game in which prosser lost a 15 point lead with like 3 minutes left there was a span in the game where sunnyside had all the momentum and had scored 10 points in a row and there was no time out to calm them down or get subs in he just let them lose there have been many other times also.

Poor coaching my ass, anyone out of kindergarten and the whole mvl knows thats not true, so you would be which?

They should have called a timeout in that situation, but the coach cant play the game for the kids, he can only guide them in the right direction, he wasnt playing vs SS i dont believe , was he? Isn't your recess over yet?

On a side not, your not expecting to lose a lead that big, the clock is your friend in this scenario. Calling a timeout might have been the best play in the long run, but was a tough decision at the time.

I can't believe we're defending Coach Prior to a salty c-squad player and a pottymouth who is probably very close to getting himself blacklisted (Mr. V, e.g. see thread-just a thought). All coaches second guess themselves throughout the season, if they learn from them is the question. Prosser has a great nucleus to make a run to state the next few years and Coach Prior is the person to take them. He has that ability to relate to his players as well as be the hard coach when needed. Readytodie would of known that better if he practiced more instead of posting behind coaches back.

maybe you can start a fan club for prior and his 68 differnet plays but from what i hear from most players is that they do not like playing the way coach prior was making them play. the way i see it is prosser needs a coach that is not as tight up and will actually let his players play a little bit and not have 68 different plays.

Re: PEOPLES OPINIONS

Get off readytodie and Mr.V back thsi is just a message board let them say wahtever they want its just an opinion and as a matter of fact even some of the varsity players say he needs to do a better job they say he sucks and that they want a better coach and your saying he has really turned it around maybe just a little bit the players from prosser can play good together even without prior that why they did awesome in the summer beating 4 4a schools sport1184 or whatever your name is we know your his brother and you got to defend him thats why you get mad but you have to agree he is a good coach but when his own players say hes not a good coach what more could you want and why they talkin about a salty c squad player just because he didnt kiss no one's ass to be on varsity or jv and he doesnt play football.Just a thought.

ADVERTISEMENT