ADVERTISEMENT

Cavernous Dome?

passion8

Nov 30, 2009
Wondering if the cavernous Sun Dome is even more cavernous with only half the teams there?

-passion8

With 1A & 2A now combined you have the same number of teams. Bummer for the city of Yakima in that they lose a full weekend of hosting a state championship.

Oh, that's right I forgot they combined both 1A and 2A. Some serious lost revenue for Yakima...especially the over-priced hotels.

-passion8

Heck passion, you and I both know we have gladly dished out the money.
Have been some of the best memories in my feeble mind for many years.
Sad tho that many don't get that "State" experience because their years of basketball end in places like, Stanwood, Mt Tahoma, etc., etc.

ps: WIAA really couldn't pay for 2 additional $45 plaques! That's just pathetic. 8 teams go and 6 trophy. Ridiculous! That's NOT "Just Playing Fair" Maybe they need to change their motto to: "Just Play Cheap"

Try going to California! State is split into North and South. South and North each have tournaments single-elimination the entire way! Only when you get to the semis do you get to be to the Anaheim Arena. Then north and south champion play each other. NO TROPHIES unless you win the section and/or state.

Yikes!

I really think it is fine to only award 6 rather than 8 trophies. You should feel good you were in the final 8 but you gotta win a couple games to trophy.

Actually, you only have win one game at the State Tournament to Trophy, but I get your point.

ADVERTISEMENT