ADVERTISEMENT

Cedar Park Christian sweeps Lakeside for #4 in 1A

stras77

Oct 21, 2007
Congratulations to CPCS for an awesome State Tournament. After loosing to Cofax 3-1, they when on to beat Chelan 3-1 and then Lakeside. I’m shocked at how uneven the upper and lower brackets ended up being. The lower bracket team won every placing contest. Connell is a good team, but they should be thanking the luck of the draw for 2nd. I think the Chelan team was as good or better then Connell and they went home empty. The Cofax-Kings match lived up to its billing….. exciting volleyball. CPCS is losing two seniors, so they’ll be a strong again next year. Way to go Eagles!!!!

I don't know if the upper or lower was all that lopsided. Chelan was the 4 seed out of the CTL-NEA Regional tourney behind Colfax, Lakeside and Chewelah. The first three placed and the fourth (Chelan) didn't. In the end, the only real surprise is Lakeside which was expected to do better than it did.

I would have never guessed that from what I saw at the Tourney. To me, Chelan looked better then Lakeside and Chewelah. They played tough against Kings and CPCS. Back to the original point, and I realize this is minutia, but the lower bracket teams were 4-0 against the upper bracket teams. Each match was a sweep by the lower bracket team besides the Goldendale/LC match (3-1). How can you question the results and say that it wasn’t lopsided?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT