ADVERTISEMENT

Chelan vs. Cascade Results from 10/21 ??

Every game of this match was close...
Game one-Chelan
Game two-Cascade
Game three-Cascade
Game four-Chelan
Game five-Chelan...15-13

Thanks, I was very impressed with Chelan at State last year. Was Cascade previously playing in 2A? If so, how'd they do there?

I have been in Chelan's corner from the beginning! Gotta keep an eye on them. A good all around team.

From my view, Cascade has just had the honor (or bad luck) of being in the Caribou League (Chelan and others) which has been playing a regional with the Northeast (Colfax, Lakeside, Freeman, Chewelah and others). I think only 3 berths came out of there, so a good team or two with trophy chances always had to miss the dance. They have been a good team in 1A, just haven't seen them at State. A couple of real tall hitters can't hurt this year either.

Don't know what the regional format is this year. Does anyone else?

It looks like this year is different for the Caribou League. They will not play in a Regional and take the top two teams to State (see link below). District 2 did that last year and this year the top team from each district (1,2,and 3) get a berth to state, but will play in a Tri-district for seeding along with other teams playing for 2 more seeds. This seems better then last year, since there was no representation from District 3.... which is wrong. Now if someone could explain to me how they place the teams in the state bracket, that would be great. Last year's 1A bottom bracket was stacked (4-0 for the trophy round).

http://www.wiaa.com/athletics/vball/1atourn.html

If not playing the regional and taking the top team out of the CTL, it will be chelan and cascade headed to state, and both team should rep the League and state very well..

Chelan has a lot of talent that is playin for their second and third starting seasons and have a sophomore in Jaicee Harris who can smash it with the best in the State and have more hitters to come in off the bench

Cascades tall ou

http://www.wiaa.com/Dist6/documents/1ADistrictVolleyballSOPs08.pdf

link from the CTL sight about Volleyball

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT