ADVERTISEMENT

Connell vs. Brewster

Connell up 2-0 for most of the 1st half, and Brewster cuts the lead in half right at the half.

Connell bossed all but the closing 5-7 minutes of the half and - in truth - Brewster did not look like they were going to ask any questions of Connell.

2-1 at half.

Brewster has some hope now so it should make the second half interesting if they can start putting something together.

Connell scored to make it 3-1 fairly early in the 2nd half, and once again looked in complete control for the first 15 minutes, but -

Brewster started throwing more men forward and created a few good openings with quick passes at the top of the penalty area and speed coming into the center from the wings.

They were rewarded by a goal that cut the lead back to one. Connell had been coasting a little when they gave up the goal and so it appeared to be a bit of a wake up call.

From that point on Connell looked the more likely to score, and gave themselves breathing room with another goal a few minutes from time.

4-2 the final.

Box Score Can Be Found Here:

http://www.yviaa.org/tournaments/spring/0809/statesemiconnell.htm

Yes, Connell was show boating a lot the first 30 minutes. Possession seemed to be 65/35 Connell but Brewster sure has some nice long balls...they had a hard time finding frame. Sun in the eye's of the Brewster keeper first half, Eagles keep the second, a factor for sure. Started looking like a hockey match the last 10m with a lot of cheap hits...both ways though.
Fan's need to learn the rules. I can say they were shouting a lot of crazy stuff from the cement. A great game ...nice to see the Brewster keeper come back in the first half as he looked pretty shaken up.
Tomorrow...priceless.
Thanks Jen's for posting as it went. I saw you in there texting but was preoccupied with my foster son. He had a BLAST ! all the way home he was chanting "Eagles.....Power....Eagles...Power", lol.
Gotta love it!

I give connell all the props in the world there a good team... but i think we let them play however they wanted in the first half.. all the goals were errors of our defense we woke up and gave connell a game... we were done by 1 twice we just couldnt tie it up... they scored there final goal in the last 2 min... which sealed the deal... congrats connell you got the better of us today... congrats to all my teammates we played till the final whistle we hope to seal the season with a 3rd place finish tomoro... goodluk all teams...

Great game for both teams! On another note, would you please elaborate on your foster son's chant? lol...

all the way home he was chanting "Eagles.....Power....Eagles...Power", lol.
Gotta love it!

Hmmm.....

Jensers, thank you very much for updating all of us unable to travel updated!

Reply to thread

Well, those pesky Eagle Fans were chanting that quite often..being a two year old...he tends to pick up on those kinda things. Not to say I was chanting it, lol.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT