ADVERTISEMENT

Connell

that'sright

Sep 30, 2006
Assuming they can get past Annie Wright in the first round, what are Connell's chances of beating Lakeside?

Tough road. You are probably aware that both Lakeside and Chewelah swept Chelan in three straight games at the Regional and Chelan was supposed to be really good. Lakeside went on to beat Colfax which was not an upset. These are some very good volleyball teams. Is Connell at their level? I suspect they are competitive but assuming they get through the first round, they will need to be at their very best to take Lakeside.

Connell did come back from a 2-1 deficit to beat Goldendale in the district championship...and I'm thinking they also beat Chelan earlier this season at a tournament, not 100% sure, but I think they did. Oh well, who knows? We'll just have to see what happens. Good luck to both teams, but may Connell win.

I have stuck with the Eagles through thick and thin. When they are on they can compete with anyone. They need to have an on TOURNEY. But isn't that what it is all about any way. I am behind you Eagles. Lets Get Ready To Rumble!!!!!

hmm....not sure how good Lakeside is (anyone wanna fill me in?) but if Connell gets to the second round to play Lakeside, they deserve it. im not saying that they'll win cause i dont kno anything about Lakeside, but i am going to say that they will compete. shoot, this is State. any team in it deserves to be there and can compete. guess we'll see eh? im rootin for ya Eagles!

Better be more specific on which Eagles you are rooting for since Lakeside are Eagles also. I'm not saying which Eagles will win if they get to meet in the second round either. How good is Lakeside? Well, you need to look at the only data available for NEA performance at state the past four years. A boat load of trophies with Colfax being the show horse. Colfax is still the bench mark and Lakeside is right on par to slightly better this year. It remains to be seen how the state tournament goes but history does give you a starting point. One thing though, just because a team gets to state, "deserves" may have nothing to do with it. Every year in both volleyball and basketball (maybe other sports) potential trophy teams stay home because their home conference or region was better than the numerical average. You can imagine that a conference that sweeps a two-conference regional tournament is a quality conference. Or a conference that goes 1,2,3 (like happened in 2003) at state left someone at home that probably was better than teams 13, 14, 15, and 16. Just a fact of an adequate but not so perfect system.

better be more specific? hmm i never would guessed which ones except for the fact that umm maybe hes from connell, does that point out anything to anyone else? geez that was a hard one...but the other eagles [the ones from lakeside if ya still didn't figure it out] won lol

I was just pointing out to the uninformed individual that both teams are "EAGLES", when I wrote that message. I knew he/she was a Connell fan who needed a clue.

Back to my main point. Again, the NEA is proving it is the most competitive league in this sport. And once again, teams are in the state tournament that would be bottom of the barrel teams in the NEA. It's unfortunate the system works the way it does. Chelan out of the Caribou Trail and Freeman out of the NEA are better teams than quite a few who made it to Yakima this year. For those who witnessed the CTL/NEA regional tournament at Freeman last week, you saw the best 1A volleyball in the state. Maybe they should invite Kings next year. I promise not to beat this dead horse on this site again.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT