ADVERTISEMENT

CTL Predictions

specifically with the loaded 140 class. Tanner Wood, Narciso Alvarez, Mike Stanger, and Jason Caryl make up a very difficult weight class. Who else is there other than these four? Will Mikes shoulder be okay to wrestle by the time districts come?

I don't know if this is correct. It's just a rumor, but I heard that Stanger and possibly Alvarez are bumping up to wrestle 145. I know that Alvarez weighed in at 143.7 ( I think it was.7 not sure) the other night at the Omak v. Cascade match. Now, there is strategy to that bump it guarentees Alverez a higher seat at District, solely based on last yrs. state placing.
How is the 103 from Chelan doing? That's another good weight to watch as the little guys have some good competition this year at least in the Ctl other leagues haven't looked bad either. 152 you have Riggle-omak, Emmons-Cascade, and Otis- Okanogan seeing those three wrestle their way towards state there will be some great matches.145 champion Drew Walter-Omak, Walter's hardest competition came from a guy from Penisula at the Marysville Premier. At the same time Walter seemed to be defeated before the match. 215- Green from Omak Champion in District CTL, the real competition for him will be when he see's the 215 lber. from Mabton who's name has slipped my mind.

the middle weights are always loaded with great talent from 135-152 is tougher than hell, im not too sure on individual champions but i could definately see omak and chelan going head to head for the ctl title...

possible chelan champs
103 parker
160 anderson
171 allen
189 collins

possible omak champs
(wut happened to the lighter miller twin??)
140 caryl
145 walter
152 riggle
171 harry
215 green

yes harry is a good wrestler but i dont see him winning districts from LR logan was beating him 12-2 before he threw a little fit and got DQ

Possible Chelan Champs:103-Parker,130-Garcia,160-Anderson,189-Collins,285-Gervais
Omak-140-Caryl,152-Riggle,-Miller-160,145-Walter,215-Green
i wouldnt count Harry out at 171 and Tyler Allen 125 is capable of pullin out upsets LR has a chance to take teh team tittle as well!

what about cashmere, they always seem to be tough team wise. as for lr being champs lr has beaten omak in a tournament this year already. who do you think will be in the district finals 103-285 and who will be the winners?

103-Dillon Parker(Chelan) vs.Jeffry? Condon(omak)-champ:parker
112-Alvarez(Cascade) vs.Cascade Jv
119-Jake Luzynski(Cascade vs. Josh Vanhoven(Cash):Luzynksi
125-tonasket vs. Tyler Allen (chelan):Tonakset
130-Jose Garcia(chelan) vs. Pena(Brewster):Garcia
135-Billy Monroe(Tonasket) vs.Brent Evans(Cashmere)-Monroe
140-Tanner Wood(Cashmere) vs.Jason Caryl(Omak)-Wood
145-Drew Walter(Omak) vs.Hector Aguila (TON)-Walter
152-Zack Riggle(Omak) vs. Dylan Emmons(Cascade)-Emmons
160-Davey Anderson(Chel) vs.Rober Miller (Omak)-Anderson
171-Luis Harry(Omak) vs. Logan Bowman (Lake Roosevelt)-Bowman
189-Tate Collins(Chelan) vs.Evan Brown (Lake Roosevelt)-Collins
215-Darrick Green(Omak) vs. Sam Rise (LR)-Green
285-Anthony Gervais(Chelan) vs. Logan Church (Cashmere)-Gervais

103- you are correct
112- what about halverson from lr
119- correct agian
125-thompson from lr and pena from brewster are both tough
130- pena is a 25,dont know who else is there
135- your proly right
140- it could be any of the 4 caryl stanger alveraz wood
145- prolly correct
152-prolly correct
160- prolly correct
171-correct
189-correct
215- correct
285- i dont tnk gervasis is going heavy so it will prolly be church and adams

i couldnt figure out which weight pena is id put him and the kid from tonasket in the finals i cant quite remember his name
at 130-it should be Mccord(cashmere) vs. Garcia
112 havent seen halverson wrestle but ill put alvarez over him
as for 140 my money is on wood over caryl still and i do know Gervais is goin 285 after bouncin back from an injury..

backer30 have you ever even watched a ctl match..... cuz it dosent sound it...here are my predictions

103- Parker chelan
112- Halverson lr
119- Lycynzki cascade
125- Thompson/Pena lr/brewster
130- Garcia chelan
135- Monroe tonasket
140- Wood cashmere
145- Wickstrom cashmere
152- Riggle omak
160- Stanger lr
171- Bowman lr
189- Collins chelan
215- Green omak
285- Church cashmere

team complete toss up and depends on how deep some of these teams younger wrestlers advance though the tournament

1.Chelan
2.Lake Roosevelt
3.Omak

All I know is that it will be a fun couple of days in LR. Is it true that districts will be held on two mats?
Team placing:
Chelan
LR
Omak
Cashmere
Cascade
Tonasket
Okanogan

DeskJet,

Backer 30 has definately seen his share of CTL matches, Ive seen him at numerous matches this year and in previous years. Everyone has their own take on whos the best; your predictions for 140 and 145 could certainly be the subject of debate as well. I dont think anyones picks look too far out of line and there are always surprises every year.

wow deskjet ur way off with ur 145 guess u must be joking, Walter is def. the top dog at that weight no arguement although Aguila gives him a match but pioneerdad how have caryl and wood compared when the square off? My money goes on wood

you are absoulutely ridicoulus backer so i leave one weight up for debate and you just got haywire what are your predictions for the champs and why if you are so educated

none of my predictions are off, if u didnt know Walter is one of the best pound for pound wrestlers in the CTL picking a first year wrestler out of switzerland if u even knew that was a way off guess! as for all my other pics id say there pretty right on i have seen every team wrestle and i think i have a pretty good forecast of how districts will come out.

looking at all of these match ups there arent ne big match ups...the only one i see is walter and aguila and maybe evans and monroe

Chelan beat Omak lastnight to win their first ever league title!!! Some great matches as well. Collins wrestled up and beat Green 7-6. Gage moved up to 140 and lost a tough fought match to Caryl 8-5.(side note--What i like about this kid is that he is a 6 minute wrestler that will continue to fight until the bitter end. Anderson lost to Miller 10-9, Jesse came up big and pinned Omak's 171 pnder, and Chelan's backup 89 got a big win!!!!

Yes Chelan got the job done last night. Omak was in the hunt but could not quite finish the deal. Hats off to Chelan for surprising everyone with the league title although everyone knew they had talented wrestlers. I think the CTL will end up representing very well at the dome this year and you may see three CTL teams on the team leader boards come Saturday afternoon. Omak will travel to Cashmere tonight to finish up their regular season. To bad if Luczynski is out, he would surely be a candidate for the dome podium.

good job to chelan, did they beat lr's full lineup or was when they had some guys who were benched? either way good job chelan

they had a full lineup with the exception of Bowman and maybe a couple other guys but chelan won by 8

oh i just asked one of my buddys who wrestles for chelan and they said there varsity 171, 145, 135, and 112 all had to sit out. whod this have made a difference in the outcome of their dual?

112- burton
135- schmidt
145- clark
171- allen

if it did make a difference it would go in omak's favor

no not chelans guys, sorry for the confusion i meant lr's guys when chelan and them dualed earlier this month. would it have made a differane if lr had a full lineup agianst chelans full line up, or would the goats have still won?

I dont think it matters. Chelan is the CTL league champion in wrestling for 2006-2007 and Lake Roosevelt is not. Every team has to deal with injuries, illness, ineligable wrestlers, etc. I wanted Omak to beat Chelan and get a share of that title but they didn't and I congratulate Chelan for getting it done that night and this year. They have a pretty dang good team. Why not leave it at that?

At Chelan Logan Bowman, Lonnie Punie?, Sam Halverson, and Mike Reighn all sat out, if they were wrestling LR would have definatly won.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT