ADVERTISEMENT

CWAC 2010 predictions

cwaguy

Nov 13, 2008
Which teams are positioned for a run for the title and/or postseason for 2010????

This year Ellensburg should put up a fight for the top spot along with Selah. Ellensburg has a very talented squad returning, with probably the best player in the league. The addition of a Coach Gibson will help them a lot.

You can't argue against a consistent Selah program though. The loss of Windsor and Fife may hurt the Vikings a little in the pitching department, but they always seem to have enough arms and strong enough defense to keep them in any game. Again they are consistent.

I would have to say that Othello would be my pick to finish third in the CWAC and get that final spot to a regional. Even though they lost a lot to graduation, they always seem to find a way to win. One thing is for sure, they will still swing the sticks.

East Valley is my #4 pick. They were a young team last year and gained valuable experience. Look for them to push Othello for the third spot. They return both of their pitchers from last year with their only real loss being Sikes.

After East Valley it is a toss up. Here are my preditions with not a lot to say:

Prosser/ Ephrata
Quincy
Wapato
Grandview
Toppenish

Eburg has alot of good players coming back and will be tough to beat
Selah is always strong with good players coming up every year and with no doubt the best coaching in the state
othello will swing it, might not have alot of arms on the bump
ephrata....eehh who cares lol
toppenish
grandview
quincy
prosser

walla walla doesnt have any fall ball games it sucks, but we do have alot of inner squad games

WELL heres my PREDICTIONS

#1 ELLENSBURG : with sterkal coming back for his senior season i belive they will be the favorite, maybe even the state champs...
#2 Selah : with shmity coming back and alex ficks they sould be a good squad.. but when arnt they!!!
#3 OTHELLO: with chris brunetie and shaun valdez the could also be up in the race for another state birth.
#4 WAPATO: I believe my choice for chosing wapato at 4 is because of the pitching there going to bring to the table.. With Seniors Michael De Leon and Rigo Alvarado they are going to be a good one to punch .. with michael's consistency and rigo's nuckel ball there going to be two really different pitchers teams will have to face .
#5 EASTVALLY : also with some good pitchers in jordan camoran, ryan scoonover, and jonathan jennis they will bring some heat to the table but a well rounded team.
#6 EPHRATA : Always has a good team so you better be expecting them..!!!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT