ADVERTISEMENT

CWAC ALL LEAGUE TEAMS

pinchdownlow

Feb 20, 2007
Does anyone know the all league teams yet? i know they were voted on last week and schutz from toppenish is coach of year (well deserving, too, IMHO)

I am curious to see how many of selah's girls are on the team. i really liked meloy (besides valdez). i also was impressed with moser from ephrata. i figure venera(eburg), standish (eburg), valdez (selah), poteet (gview) are all first team, along with the ones i missed.

i figure stauffer, yarlott and maybe rodriguez (setter) from toppenish got honors (gone, too, but four is a stretch?...) as well as kelleher (eburg) harris (selah) moser (eph) smasne (gview). who else? licano from gview?

anyways, now i'm just rambling/guessing. who can help me out?

I'm thinking Erin Smith (sophmore) from Selah might get some recognition, possibly Kirstin Wilson also. I'm not sure who else, I didn't get a chance to watch a whole lot of volleyball this year.

Last week, I saw the teams in the Tri-City Herald. Don't remember who was where exactly. Poteet was player of the year. Standish,Venera,setter from Selah, Meloy, Snyder,Ratigan, Walker were all first team.

P.O.Y- Kinzi Poteet

1st Team:
Kealey Johnston - G.V.
Raissa Licano - G.V.
Casie Snyder - E.V.
Linday Bronkhorst - E.V.
Allison Walker - O
Britney Ratigan - Eph
Kayla Standish - Ell
Talia Venera - Ell
Kierea Meloy - Se
Sasha Valdez - Se

2nd Team:
Sydney Mottice - G.V.
Megan Stauffer - T
AJ Yarlott - T
Jaime Rafferty - Pross
Kylee Mollotte - O
Breanne Duff - Eph
Mercedes Chandler - Ell
Erin Smith - Se

Honorable Mention:
Katie Veloz - G.V.
Vanessa Medina - G.V.
Annie Martinez - E.V.
Aimee Gone - Topp
Lacey French - Prosser
Manda Brindle - Quincy
Darcee Fales - Eph
Briana Moser - Eph
Katie Kelleher - Ell
Ashley Wilson - Se
Kierstin Wilson - Se

Hope this helps!

why so many as opposed to baskeball? Is it based on how many players coaches want to put on teams?

not to take anything away from these players, i saw each one of them play at least once and agree with the vast majority, just curious.

I agree with you pinch. Too many players on the all-league teams.I think they should choose two from each team, depending on how they did in league, districts and state. Growing up, way back when...they used to pick one girl from each position for 1st team, then 2nd team was usually done the same way and then honorable mention went to those who had good years but not outstanding.

Teams are allowed to nominate based on finish in league...i.e. Selah and Grandview nominated 6 kids as first place finishers in the North and South, Ellensburg and East Valley 5 and so on and so forth. Originally, the idea was to have 8 on each team but as the voting took place it was impossible to narrow our all league players to 8, even minus the player of the year. With a league producing the state champs as well as the 3rd and 4th placing teams, it seemed unfair to the athletes to make decisions based off of a "quota" someone else came up with when determining who deserved honors instead of looking at the level of competition of the league.

congrats to all the all-leaguers.

Especially to the Hounds, I have all of them in class and they are outstanding students as well.

why not thake that approach in bball? though the cwac doesn't typically place as well at state - but last year there were girls that didn't even receive honorable mention that were getting looks at colleges...

crazy, crazy, crazy.

The problem lies within the system...each sport's all league nominations are presided over by a different athletic director, each with his/her own coaching philosophies. Some AD's stick fervently to SOP's and others dilienate based on coaches opinion. The CWAC volleyball coaches all agreed to go away from SOP's...maybe basketballs didn't.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT