ADVERTISEMENT

CWAC girls forecast? Come on Clank!!

EphrataFAN

Jul 7, 2001
Anyone have a breakdown on the teams this year.... contenders, best group of seniors, youngest, sleepers or favorites? Picks?

Thanks!

Okay, not a forecast but a shout out. . . Annie Martinez of EVHS signed a letter of intent for CWU. As for our team, not aware of talented youth (Freshmen), so let's see if our seasoned players can put things away this year.

well, one of the most veteran teams should be wapato, who could roll out a lineup of four seniors.

i imagine that grandview will surprise people, with a pretty good crop of experienced youngsters. prosser will be formadable, as will east valley and othello. don't know much about ellensburg or some of the other teams.

if i had to guess, GUESS being the key word here, i'd go something like this:

Grandview
Wapato
Othello
East Valley
Ellensburg
Ephrata
Toppenish
Quincy
Selah

i know i'm wrong, but hopefully people will disagree enough with me to post something - this site is pretty dead!!

Here we go!!!

#1 Wapato Summer and Fall, nobody could hold a candle to them!!!

#2 East Valley Seems to alway have size!

#3 Ellensburg

#4 Prosser

#5 Othello

#6 Ephrata

#7 Grandview

#8 Toppenish

#9 Quincy

#10 Selah Volleyball seems to be the tradition.

Actually will be a fun season, lots of great games, probably some real nail biters!!!

There is a little rumor that the Quincy Jacks got a couple six foot transfers...if that is true, and they have some skill, that could change Quincy's prospects this season...if it's not then someone is just plain mean by telling me that!

lol, lightsout, ain't that the truth?!

i'd like to ammend my top few choices:

i'd agree with tiger and move wapato to the top, with east valley second and maybe ephrata third? (i've been talking to a few people) grandview then ellensburg and othello.

what can i say? i'm a woman, i change my mind a lot
roll.gif

Wapato Ladies will be rocking Pink this year home and away... The Boys got new Uniforms as well for the 3rd year in a row.

iversonlarsen, you seem to be forgetting Prosser. Tamara Jones 5'10" averaging close to 20 a game last year. Returning a strong guard in Petersen who saw plenty of action last year and did quite well at the state tourney as a freshman. Forgive my memory on the others but those two stand out in my mind!!! East Valley, Ellensburg, Prosser, I think all could be 2nd, 3rd, 4th in any order.
This post was edited on 11/30 10:41 AM by TigerPride98823

1. Prosser best player with good coaching easy favorites
2. Wapato most talented 1-5 but takes more than talent to beat well coached teams
3. Eburg as athletic as any injuries will slow them down
4. East Valley with the size and younger girls could easily be number 2
After that its a step down but any of the teams could upset these four teams.

Here's how I see it:
1. Wapato - with the return of their other guard (knee injury game 1 last season) and the core of now seniors returning they are my pre-season favorite.
2. Prosser - return Jones who is a great player but lost French who was a huge part of their success last season. They are well coached and could easily be number 1.
3. East Valley - those girls have been playing since they could crawl. They may be a young squad but I think with the depth of the East Valley AAU programs, their youth is not as big of a factor as it should be.
4. Ephrata - young group of athletic girls who played well from what I heard in the off season.
5. Ellensburg - I just have a hunch about them coming off strong volleyball and soccer seasons.
6. Othello - get back Kirkwood, lost Walker will be interesting who steps up in her place.
7 - 10 is a toss up.

Just my two cents :)

I think Prosser is going to be tough to beat.
EV is always good.
After watching the jamboree I think Wapato is going to be tough. Senior laden team with some talented quick underclassman.

Grandview is young. Very talented but young. Pretty quick but young. I think they will suprise some people this year but they are young. Some girls are really going to have to pick up the slack after losing 85% of thier scoring to graduation.

Valencia back at the point after missing all of last year makes a huge impact on the lady wolves team. Hopefuly these girls can get the 1st lady wolves state birth since 1985.

Ahh I forgot about the lady Greyhounds. They are young but with a strong group of freshman being led by a Parrish who has already seen major varsity court time and a state appearance on the volleyball court. I see them battling for a 5-6 spot.

I have a feeling I am not going to enjoythe Zillah-Wapato game Friday night.

yes, thanks for calling me out, all.

i forgot that jones had not yet graduated, and i definitely would like to ammend my error and place them easily in the top two.

Oh yah, don't forget about the Grandview freshman phenom, Peyton Parrish, former Grandview boys head coach Scott Parrish's daughter. She is the real deal, already a first team all-cwac pick in volleyball, she will be the same in hoops, she is really, really good!!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT