ADVERTISEMENT

CWAC - GNL 2A Regionals

The_Streak

Oct 1, 2001
Game 1: Ephrata 52, Clarkston 50
Game 2: East Valley (Yakima) 51, West Valley (Spokane) 44

Both of these games were loser out. Tough night for the GNL, but was very impressed by Clarkston. Wisener scored 24 and pulled down 12 boards for the Bantams. Had two freethrows with no time left on the clock. She missed the first free-throw and that was the game. Buchert was high scorer for the Tigers with 20. Great game to watch. Back and forth the whole way.

Didn't see the EV-WV game, but saw the box score. Sounded like a defensive battle for the first half, and then both offensives exploded.

So, the stage is set for the all CWAC regional finals games on saturday.

Game 3: Ephrata vs Wapato - 1pm @ CWU
Game 4: East Valley (Yakima) vs Prosser - 3pm @ CWU

Winner of Game 4 is #1 seed to state.
Winner of Game 3 is #2 seed to state.
Loser of Game 4 is #3 seed to state.
Loser of Game 3 is #4 seed to state.

We will see how it all plays out tomorrow.

The_Streak

As we have seen on the CWAC boys side recently, it is tough to beat a good team 3 times in a row....hopefully the Stangs can pull it out!! How about Ephrata vs Wapato, did they split??

Prosser rolled East Valley 60-45 for the regional crown!!! Nice work girls, keep it going!

Actually, that was a regional semifinal. The CWAC/GNL regional finals are next week combined with the state regionals. The CWAC and GNL agreed to do regionals for all sports this year before all the basketball changes were made. With the shortened regular season to get all this post season in, it was decided to play the basketball regional finals as part of the first round of state, since it involved the same teams. So next week it is Prosser vs Ephrata for the CWAC/GNL Regional Championship. This must be the only regional in the state boys or girls where all 4 teams are from not only the same district, but the same league. When the Spokane schools were bounced, Prosser should have been given a free pass to the Sundome, how many times do they have to prove themselves. I am kind of being funny, but it is a valid point. Prosser went undefeated in league, won the district championship, but has to play two more games against its own league before it can get to Yakima.

Really, a "free pass" to the Sundome? Why not just crown Prosser as State Champs right now? I'm sure that no other team can even hold a candle to them according to your infinite wisdom. Make sure you tell that to the other teams in the state that are not discouraged by the record of the Mustangs

Regardless of how you feel about the new WIAA State Basketball bracketing, each team must still prove that they belong at the Dome. In my estimation, it makes the overall experience all the more meaningful. Would you rather be given a pass to state and take the easy way out, or know that you took on all comers and arose to every challenge presented to you, regardless of your finish on the year? That's the great thing about playoffs...anything can happen. Let's see how it plays out.

The_Streak

I never said Prosser should be crowned state champs. I said they have proved themselves against the CwAC. Since the Spokane schools are out Prosser is now in a game of prove yourself and prove yourself again.

Hey Cougdiehard and Streak, read the boy's 1a post called "now what"...and we can discuss how horribly flawed this new system is.

Prosser rolls Ephrata again by 22, for what the 4th time ???? Never really a ball game....big double digits every time too!!!! Come on.....

I wouldn't call it horribly flawed. Some people just have a hard time with change in their lives.

True hoopgod, I was just hoping to play what I thought was a good WV of Spokane squad, and they flat out choked!

Reading some of your other posts hoopgod, you apparently have no problem with how this has affected so many people - and yes, I have a problem with THIS change in particular. They needed to make some changes with 3A and 4A, in particular the empty bleachers at those consolation games, and leave 1A/2A alone. This is a site with many different opinions - you don't have to agree with them.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT