ADVERTISEMENT

CWAC Scores

CWAC - 10/18/07

SELAH 3, ELLENSBURG 1
GRANDVIEW 3, TOPPENISH 0
PROSSER 3, WAPATO 0

#1 vs. #2 2A Teams square off this Thursday..

Selah vs. Grandview. Be interesting to hear some predictions and thoughts from CWAC posters.

Tough to say...I havent seen Grandview really have to battle yet. I will say that they sometimes seem to start off slowly which could hurt them against a program like Selah. Wish I could catch the game!

Re: #1 vs. #2 2A Teams square off this Thursday..

Clank, what non league matches has Grandview had this year?

Re: #1 vs. #2 2A Teams square off this Thursday..

I know they won the Longview tournament. They beat Burlington Edison which is ranked high in 2A at this tourney. They clobbered Ki-Be in a regular non-league match...the Bears are a shell of what they used to be though. Last weekend, they held their own at the Crossover tourney in Spokane. I think they stumbled against EV of Spokane early on, but otherwise looked pretty good. Should be a great match vs. Selah. Good measuring stick prior to districts.

I was at the cross over tourney and Grandview did not hold their own. They fell apart several times when they had the game and match in their hands. I don't know that much about Selah, but it should be a great match. Remember though, Grandview beat Selah last year before going into district and if I can remember...Selah was unstoppable after that.

Watched two games and that was enough for me. I was there to watch Mead and heard all the skuttle about Grandview. Every team has their off days and I must have caught Grandview on theirs. Several vball fanatics came to watch one of the state's best and was not impressed. Sorry, just reporting what I saw.
This post was edited on 10/21 1:24 AM by hot damm

Fair enough. Grandview actually won the same crossover tourney in 2006 with a win over Mead in the finals. This was with practically the same team they have this year minus their setter. Regardless, they did have a shaky start this year. It's great competition though which will help as they approach late league play and post-season. Go Hounds!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT