ADVERTISEMENT

Interesting Results across the State Week 1

LittleO74

Nov 1, 2012
Top 1A programs had a tough go of it last week. Many taking on 2A opponents.
Royal was able to keep Ellensburg at bay. Connell and Othello played a bizarre turnover and penalty ridden 9-7 game. Mt. Baker and Lynden put on a show in a barn burner. Lots of 1A vs. 2A games week one with a decent split going to 1A schools. La Salle showed really well against Yakima's East Valley. Interested to see where the chips fall going into week two. Already hearing that Quincy has dropped Connell for an easier opponent. Any news on that front?

Not 100% sure why Quincy pulled out playing Connell to play 2B Brewster? Always wonder about a 2A program that wants to play a 2B program. I guess Connell will have an extra week trying to hold on to the pigskin.

Royal did play well and dominated Ellensburg.

I was a bit surprised by the Meridian loss as well.

Well from everything I've heard, they scrapped their jamboree because they wouldn't have enough kids with the required amount of practices. I've also heard program wide they have a low turnout. They forfeited to Zillah due to safety concerns from not having enough full contact practices because of smoke. At least that is the statement given. Not much you can do, Hopefully Connell found someone to play last minute.

ADVERTISEMENT