ADVERTISEMENT

Dragin Magic

playhard4

May 22, 2005
Has anyone heard about this competitive travel fastpitch team? I heard they took ninth last year in nationals. Any news on them this year? Has anyone played them or play for them?

Dragin Magic is a competitive fastpitch team based out of montesano, wa....this will be their first year playing 18U A but i suspect they will be very successful, they are the reigning WA state 16U A champions and placed 9th in nationals which would make them one of the 3 most successful teams ever in the state of WA. They have stayed reasonably local with 6 monte girls, 3 hoquiam girls, 2 from forks, 1 from olympia, and a pitcher from lake stevens. The district championship game in elma last weekend had 9 magic girls on the field, the 6th monte girl golfs in highschool. They are well coached and a great group of girls, if anyone has a chance you should really catch a game they are fun to watch and have played hundreds of games together over the years and its obvious how close the girls are which might explain why a team from such a small area can compete at such a high level. Good luck this summer Magic!!!!

Yeah, I have to agree that those Monte HS coaches are some of the best that you can ever see.

They're lucky to be able to carry that over into the summer program with them.

Good luck to all in State.

I think both programs should be thankful for each other and support one another.......neither program would be as successful without the other....you would have to agree that playin 100 games a summer at such a high level is going to be of value to any highschool program...???? I dont think all of the success of these girls should go to the coaches....the girls play the game, and these girls just happen to play it very well and alot of the girls have basically only played with one summer team since they were 8 or 9.....both programs are a huge success and the girls should be very proud!!!!!

Don't think anyone said all success went to all the coaches. Just making a comment on the Monte coaching staff.

Didn't mean to step on your toes. Sounds like you might be from that team and might have gotten a little defensive?

hey no problem....actually i just watch them play occasionally and think its a first class organization and im just impressed with their accomplishments and i think the girls, parents and coaches of this team should all be very proud.....they represent Montesano, WA well as they travel the country.....

Guess we'll all find out if they're the real deal by the end of the weekend. If they have the bats and the "D" they should easily be able to bring another title back to Monte.

It would be nice to see if they could bring their accomplishments from their summer team to their high school team. It would really back up what you're saying:)

I dont know much about the schools they will be playing, what i do know is that the other half of the bracket for state with Hoquiam, Colville, and Archbishop Murphy all in the bottom part means there will be some good games to watch. I believe the pitcher for Archbishop Murphy is the Dragin Magic pitcher in the summer along with Reime from Hoquiam. It looks like Monte got a good draw although as i said i know nothing about those schools, i heard Meridian is pretty good but i really dont know anything about them. Good luck to all it will be interesting to see what team prevails in the bottom half of the bracket.

ADVERTISEMENT