ADVERTISEMENT

Eastern Three...

Originally posted by abesrulez:
weird not to see ferris. Might of be a bad bad year for them.

More than a bad year...because of off the court distractions. Ferris' coach Don Van Lierop was accused of sexual assault by a former student at Ferris and was on paid leave. But after investigation, police discovered the girl had lied and the case was dropped. But I'm not sure if Van Lierop is still at Ferris.

Also, Ferris graduated Shawn Stockton (Montana Grizzlies) and DeAngelo Casto (WSU Cougars)to college and some other role players that helped Ferris to state titles in 2007 and 2008.

Ferris coach assused of sexual assault

Ferris was extremely young this year - only one senior. They'll be back in the hunt next year.

Van Lierop is still coaching at Ferris.

Nice job Ike & WW..way to represent the CBBN, to show which league was in fact the strongest this year..although you have to give it up to G-Prep..they played 3 straight loser out games and won 2 of em on saturday..best of luck to all 3 teams..

Had Wenatchee been healthy they may have also made it to the dance.

Moch77 quote:

Had Wenatchee been healthy they may have also made it to the dance.

so which of the three from the East do you think Wenatchee would have replaced if healthy?

No they are worse not because they hammer the away team like the Wenatchee ref did but they are worse because they dont have the guts to stand up for their team. There is no way you can argue that the Spokane officials hurt the CBL team in any game. Didnt happen. However the Wenatchee ref sure did his part in putting Bryan on the line for 18 free throws. It was flat out embarrassing and i like the Wenatchee coach and if i were him i would have been embarrassed as well.

I totally agree Bryan going to the line 18 times is kinda ridiculous..but I was talking about the 3A regional in Spokane..did some scouting for a friend, of course they may have gotten the lower tier officials for those games..but the Borton kid not getting any calls driving to the hoop..and the Brown kid from Shadle taking off just inside the 3 pt line and laying it in and not get called for traveling??
This post was edited on 3/2 1:29 PM by ghsx2

Bryan strained his knee during last regular season game. He could go up and forward, but lateral movement was limited. G-Prep did a nice job of keeping him off balance. They ran fresh legs at him every few minutes. Don't blame the refs for calling the foul, it was G-Preps game plan to prevent any kind of rhythm. Give Bryan some credit for drawing the fouls. The best three teams from the east region moved forward.

And, how was West Valley vs. Rogers at Rogers a neutral site for that regional game? WV was #1 seed from CBBN.

Wenatchee won their half of the Big Nine. I guess they were tough. I didn't see them play, but I have heard that they were as good as anyone when they were healthy. I saw IKE a few times, Davis, Richland, Eastmont Moses Lake and West Valley once a piece. Sounds like they were a bit better than any of those teams, who I would say were all pretty equal. With Richland beating G-Prep and pushing IKE to OT, maybe Wenatchee could have replaced any of them.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT