ADVERTISEMENT

Ex-Pro

BreakfastClub

Mar 23, 2005
Derek Mathews of Royal High School is coming out of bigs for his senior year of high school golf. Joseph Perkins should watch out. This kid is phenomenal. He should be a contender for the state title. This 250 pound beast can drive the ball over 350 yards and has won many putt-putt contests. UCLA is looking to recruit this valedictorian for their 2007 fall season.
This post was edited on 2/21 2:04 PM by BreakfastClubif(GetAdminCookie() != 0) {document.write(' (Revisions[/URL])');}

Pretty sure he is not gettin recruited by UCLA, they have the #1 and #23 ranked junior players in the nation already going there. Never heard of Derek Mathews and he is not ranked in golfweek. Must be good if you say hes that good though ;)

I dont know how accurate you can call the golfweek rankings....they have Andrew Putnam ranked 817...what a joke!

They are accurate. Right now Putnam has not played the minimum events to be ranked because he has been playing basketball. I think you have to have five events. But, when Putnam did have five events in the rankings I think he was 10th.

ADVERTISEMENT