ADVERTISEMENT

Falcons drop 2 in a row - ending 36 game streak

wasports

Jan 7, 2011
Any momentum or dicipline left from the Aldridge era seems to have ran out. >Lackluster finishes accredited to "just one of those things" (see artical by the Columbian) has sent the Falcons into a two game loosing streak that has seldom been experienced. The Falcons won't be tested again until the conclusion of league play. Then comes Wilson right away in the post season. Game over.
flush.r191677.gif

This post was edited on 12/28 9:57 PM by wasports

http://m.columbian.com/news/2012/dec/28/girls-basketball-lincoln-49-prairie-45/

So they dropped a few games, played some bad basketball. I agree it may be cause for some concern, but WHOA. The program isn't doomed because of two losses. Give them a chance. Smith has led Prairie to a few big wins this year. He and the Falcons deserve a full season's chance before given doomsday invitations.

You are probably right about any predawn conclusions.
If adjustments are made and discipline instilled, the talent is there to be successful.
Their game plan needs to change. Aldridge planned for each opponent and adjusted constantly.
Smith allows the same thing continuously. Definatly a different approach based on something other than discipline.

Definitely, I agree. I think at the end of this season we can really start to see if Smith will be able to learn and make those adjustments. Because if I remember correctly, he's got another Corral coming through the school within the next couple years and judging by the youth teams, there is still plenty of talent headed Prairie's way. I'd love it if Aldridge would be a on-the-side mentor coach for Smith for a few years.

That would be a great idea. Anytime that type of resource is available, one would be a fool not to take advantage of it. Hopefully that olive branch will be extended and of course, excepted without pride getting in the way. Skyview and now Columbia River Are examples of programs with coaches that have taken advantage of mentors and will realize much success because of it.
chairshot.r191677.gif

This post was edited on 12/29 12:55 PM by wasports

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT