ADVERTISEMENT

Fill in the blanks (1A)

Bystander13

Mar 16, 2008
The end of regular season is near. District playoffs are coming up. How does it look for State?

WIAA always seems to delay the release of their brackets, but how do the different leagues/districts sort out who gets the spots, and who is likely to be there when only sixteen are left?

Speak up for your league if you're out there, so we can all get a taste of what's on the horizon.

Here's what I know:
SWW4, 1A plays a 1 v 2 crossover from Trico and Evergreen leagues.
For Evergreen, it looks like Montesano will likely be #1 with Forks #2. I don't think anyone else from that league can catch the two of them, and Monte's likely wrapped up #1 with two league wins v. Forks already.

For Trico, Columbia (White Salmon) is #1, with one league game v Stevenson to play next Tuesday. If Stevenson wins, they're #2. If they lose, they need to playoff with LaCenter for #2 spot.

So likely pairings in district playoffs (May 11 @ Kalama)will be Columbia v Forks, and Monte v Stevenson/LaCenter. On May 13 @ Kalama, winners will play for #1 & # 2 seeds to state. Losers play for #3, or a trip home and the offseason.

How about Dist 1/3? 5? 6/7? And District 2's Fall league (Emerald City) has 3 spots this year. Who has them (Overlake, Seattle Christian, and Seattle Academy, I think, but don't know for sure, or what order they are.)

So Fill in the Blanks, if you can.

Monte wrapped the evergreen last Tuesday Night. Monte beat Forks all 3 times evergreen played each team 3 times for League. 2nd place will come down to next weeks matchup between Forks and Rochester both are tied 3 games back of Monte. Is LaCenter really right there with a chance for #2 spot

From the Trico side White Salmon will be number one.

Lacenter and Stevenson will battle for second, it really comes down to the result of stevenson and white salmon.

If stevenson can pull off an upset then they will take second if not then they will play lacenter for second place.

I see where Rochester beat Forks on 4/30; does this leave them in #2? Looks like Forks beat them twice already, so how does the tiebreaker in case of matching league records go? Or are their league records different? (It looks like the stats/scores at Digital Sports are not fully up to date.)

White Salmon beat Stevenson tonight in a shootout.
-White Salmon did not play their key players

Stevenson is now tied with Lacenter so they will have another game.

Any ideas on who the District 3 teams to Bi-districts will be?

District 1 looks like this:

Saturday, May 8 @ Mount Vernon High School

Nooksack Valley vs Coupeville - 1pm (winner NWC #3 to bi-districts, loser out)

Kings vs Meridian - 3pm (winner is #1 seed & auto-bid to state, loser is NWC #2 to bi-districts)

White Salmon is number one seed out of Trico and possibly out of districts after beating Montesano 4 to 0.

Any word from Lacenter or Stevenson?

The Monte vs White Salmon game was just a non leaguer but your right im sure White Salmon will win districts they are loaded with talent. Montesano plays Stevenson at 7:30 and White Salmon plays Forks (i think) at 5:30

Nate Sharp is your stud and he played. I dont know if anyone was missing as i wasnt there and i wouldnt know anyway but you won the game so leave it at that, Monte doesnt have much of an offensive attack but they are still a solid 1A highschool soccer team. Your trying to make it seem like it should have been 10-0. White Salmon is far from my favorite team but you give me a reason to pull for them Thursday.

They don't actually go by White Salmon, just what some folks call them on this site. White Salmon School District, but Columbia High School. Kind of like calling Mark Morris "Longview."
Here's the official website:
http://schools.gorge.net/whitesalmon/chs/

Columbia High School is located in White Salmon, WA. In all sports that I know of it is referred to as White Salmon though, so as not to be confused with another school called Columbia High School located in Burbank, WA. When playing Washougal a few weeks ago, Columbia High School(White Salmon) was announced as Columbia River High School, a 3A school in the Vancouver area.

Also, as a sidenote, the plaque on the state trophy reads "Columbia (White Salmon)".

It's actually White Salmon cause we like to represent our town.

Just take a look at our CHAMPIONSHIP Trophy!!

Seventysixer don't try to come up with things that you don't know because you are not part of our team Thanks!

Keeper, you have now confirmed what I suspected about you. Your opinion on this board now means nothing. I don't think you represent our town at all, but the COLUMBIA soccer team and Mr. Anderson represent both the school and the town! Go CHS Bruins!

This started as a thread to talk about state playoffs, and has become a "what to call Columbia" thread. It seems there's more info and passion about that topic than there is for the information I'd been looking for. Perhaps a new thread for that discussion is in order, and the rest of us can focus on the upcoming state playoffs, no matter what the teams who make it are called.

Bystander, you're right of course. Apparently this has been bugging me for 30 plus years! :)
Back to soccer: I was at the last Stevenson v. Columbia game that went to OT. CHS controlled the ball most of the game, but Stevenson really seemed to want it. Their keeper played a great game, with lots of heat coming his way. Both teams had chances in the shoot out to put it away, but it just kept going. Should be a tough one tonight, let's hope the Bruins come out on top.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT