ADVERTISEMENT

Fitterer vs Garcia

Money$$

Aug 20, 2001
Saw these two coaches (Ellensburg/Grandview) on the local news last night going at it. Noses to nose, red-faced, spit flying. Looked like Billy Martin vs the home plate ump. Somebody give us a flesh-out on the fun. Looked like the makings of a heated rivalry.
This post was edited on 2/17 10:48 PM by Money$$

Re: Fitterer vs Garza

So Fitterer called "Garcia" a piece of s$$t....Pat can get intense but if it is true, "Garcia" brought it on. He was the one T-d up...

True..he has only held one job..and is pretty loyal..

Only one job and loyalty?

GHSx2, so you are saying that the winningest active basketball coach in the State of Washington's history,
who is in the WiaA coaches hall of fame,
has only coached at 5 schools in 35 years
and takes his dying wife back to their alma mater and hometown isn't loyal????

Re: Only one job and loyalty?

I think you have already answered that, reread after your 3rd comma..I never stated anything about is credentials..

Re: Only one job and loyalty?

You can't talk about coaches without looking at credentials and you were ripping on the most successful active basketball coach in Washington State History because he didn't stay in his first job.
Some coaches stay where they are for different reasons, family or hometown. Sometimes coaches like to advance through the classifications, B, A, 2A, 3A etc. it isn't a loyalty issue.
Your remark implying that Fitterer was lacking loyalty because he hasn't stayed in one place was laughable.

PS good luck in regionals.

Sour grapes?? good luck at regionals??..if I didn't know any better I would think you two geniuses think I am from Grandview and root for Greyhound basketball..now that is laughable..but obviously you know Pat personally and know the reasons he left all those places, whether it was a lack of talent or not..but what I do know is, one would think, that one of the winningest coaches in basketball and the past president of WSCA would have a little more class than to call a coach a "piece of $***." during a game.

Perhaps the better question is: what does someone have to do to drive a coach like Fit to that level of anger?

-passion8

This genius has known him since his days at Highland.
And if you think Sehome is a talent pool, you obviously know nothing.
I do know that some people were trying to get him to coach at Lynden in the early 2000's.
I do know that he returned to the east side of the mountains to be close to family. Need more of an explanation - see my earlier post.
Personally yes and well enough to know that Passion8 is right.

Easy to win - I won't even dignify that with a response. Come up with some other way to insult your own intelligence boys.

I'm sure he's a great teacher of the game and knows his stuff. People are always going to question a persons decision and some are going to be defend them.
Bottom line is that when you're in the spotlight, you need to show some restraint in reacting to situations. People make mistakes, so let's just hope this type of situation doesn't happen in the future.

Agree with that. Both coaches are good coaches and sometimes a heat of the moment happens. They will both move on and coach their teams and have a fire for the game and to defend their teams. Good luck to both!

Pat just got his 700th win tonight.....and he didn't have to call anyone names to do it.....I think there is more to this story but sort of like a reporter taking sound bites out of context to make it sound better or to get only one point across. Maybe someday we will hear the rest of the story. Seems to me anyone that knows Coach Fit, has nothing but respect for him and what he has done personally and in the world of basketball.

ADVERTISEMENT