ADVERTISEMENT

Forks / LaCenter

Forks won. now Forks has to play LaCenter again at Monte and see who is going to take second in league. The best game that Forks has played ever since we played WS home. it was a good win for us because it was our senior night so we couldn't ask for a better night.

Normally I would say La Center should take it tomorrow night, just because it seems that Forks can beat anyone at home, on a bad field with 1 ref.

But, La Center has been having a rough second half to the season; they just don't seem able to put it together. Also, Forks has always had a great underdog mentality, and been able to put it together at districts and other big games before.

I think La Center should take it, but I'm just going to settle for calling it a 1 goal game, winner is a toss-up.

Ya'll need to get off the one ref thing. I have video of refs of 3 and our ref of 1, there really is no difference. It is all in your heads. In fact the one ref helped LaCenter as have the 3 in the past. They really should be playing tonight without their goalie and one other player who both took cheap shots at Forks players, as did the coach when he tried to kick a player that was running back onto the field. I have it clearly on film when a midfielder threw an elbow at the head of Molina and nearly took him out and then when the goalie tried to take out Kerschner with a leading left forearm. It is all on video. I have said it before, if the refs don't call it it doesn't matter if there are 1, 3 or 10 on the field. It appears to me that others are simply looking for excuses for losing, look at Forks overall, with the exception of the game in White Salmon they have beat everyone and should have beaten LaCenter at LC but for a 3 reffing snoffu that happened there. Probably with only one ref that wouldn't have happend. The officiating doesn't have much to do with how they play. Like I said I have film home and away, some need to accept that Forks is busting the big trio of WS, LC, ST and it is making some get upset.

And if you want to get on it we still beat stevenson in stevenson with their three refs. One ref doesnt help us at home as much as it can hurt us. Its just the fact that some calls are missed for both sides that would normally be called. The ref we had did a very good job and lets both teams play which is something I can honestly say doesnt happen in some places with their three refs.

We're not done with the one ref thing because it is a big deal. your field looks like a cow pasture, with ankle breaking holes all over it, and when the ball bounces, no one knows which way it'll go.

there are three refs for a reason, if you seriously think that AR's dont make a difference your a fool. how can a ref see fouls that are going on behind his back. if the ball was in in the other half of the field, i could karate kick someone and the ref wouldn't know the difference. and according the rules, you can't call something you don't see. this, offsides, and the AR's simply represent diversity of opinions. so that when a center ref is being a biased bully, the AR's can shift their weight to make a game fair. if their was only one ref for american football games, all hell would break loose.

and dude, have fun with your lil tapes at home. but i'm not driving seven hours to go see you crummy home video's. there are cheap shots in every game, and you are a fool to think that the AR's don't make it easier for them to be seen, and punished. this isn't rugby, your supposed to stop the game if their is a foul unless their is clear advantage.

as to the forks team, down at white salmon we think highly of your success, and hope you beat la center again today. but forks spartan dog, to think that your busting the big trio is funny, because WS is still in first by a long run... no one is close. just look at the statistics. educate your self.

This post was edited on 5/11 11:45 AM by Lerebourg03

Lerebourg is right AR's have made game changing calls and have an incredibly important job. If you want to play without OFFSIDES, or foul away from the CR, find a different sport. Good luck to all the players out on the pitch!
This post was edited on 5/11 1:58 PM by one team fan

All I can say is watch the film, also are one ref calls just as many offides as do the others with 3. Look at football, basketball, baseball, etc. they are not all done with the same amount of officials in all places. That is why WIAA has guidelines of 1-3. And I have never said the officiating was good, or anything about someone, sorry if you get upset.
This post was edited on 5/11 12:38 PM by forksspartandad
This post was edited on 5/11 1:22 PM by forksspartandad

plus against white salmon they can complain all they want about playing in forks but the only reason that game went into overtime was because their second goal had a no-call on a hand ball. Once again one ref does not hurt just the other teams.
And about the field I don't think that our field is any worse then monte's or lacenter's. Monte's is a sandpit and lacenter's is a mushy swamp. The only quality fields we have in our league are white salmon's and stevenson's.
It doesnt matter where you play or who your playing. if you win you win. all this excuse nonsense is ridiculous. I always look forward to playing white salmon. Yeah we've never beat them but its always a good fun game to play in.

About the goalies. They wouldnt get hurt if they didnt do things they should be carded for. Against Lacenter the goalie had no intention for getting the ball. On our home made film he runs right passed the ball with both arms at our forward. He didnt get carded at all. All players need to play the game no matter what the circumstances and get over it whenever an outcome happens that they dont like.

It will all be decided tonite because I am sure there will be the playoff caliber officiating that WIAA demands when Lacenter and Forks play it off. In the playoffs there will be the correct number of officials and the rating system will dictate that only the best officials will be selected for post season. So everybody can quit making their excuses and rants. BTY GO SPARTANS

ya dude, well the AR would have seen our hand ball in the box and than you would have won. that sounds like reason enough to show ARs are beneficial : )

I know thats why I was just saying that one ref doesnt always help they miss calls that hurt both teams. See you guys thursday!!

Anders...I know refs at state can be horrible...they are human. They see or don't see things and then they interpret what they see or don't see. I know from coaching several different sports in my time. But with a rating system in place they are supposed to be the "better" officials.

Anders your comment was perfect. I know it wouldnt of changed our game agaist kings last year but the horrible refs they had screwed your game over. They are "supposed" to be better but can be just as bad if not worse sometimes.

Another note. Forks will be playing without one of the top three scorers, also a starting forward. Is on crutches right now and staying off til the state game. Due to "lack of" lacenter's dirty play.

I think to be fair to spartandad, it would be neccessary to take the video into consideration, though I hear that Forks has had some issues as well this year and almost everyone I talk to talks about Forks and bad reffing so there is obviously an issue there. For the past five years I have seen poor sportsmanship from LaCenter, that wasn't there when I played and to this day I still have friends that I played against from many of my biggest rivals like Stevenson.

On the subject of this year's playoffs, Soccer is such a mental game, so get focused.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT