ADVERTISEMENT

Great article on Selah

SoxFan80

Apr 21, 2006
Roger Underwood had a good article on the whole Selah controversy. Article is titled "it should be about the kids", its in the sports section of sundays paper. talked about how even if the rules really were broken, the kids are the last that should be punished. I agree with this 110% it is really a good article take a look.

http://www.tourneytown.com/vball/2006/111106RUcol.shtml

It should be about the kids

I agree It should be about kids But without a doubt the situation was created by adults. Was this similiar to Sealth? Who knows? Someone should have been punished

I agree It should be about kids But without a doubt the situation was created by adults. Was this similiar to Sealth? Who knows? Someone should have been punished

It wasn't similiar..the Sealth issue was due to recruiting..but it goes to show you that..if you get a lawyer the WIAA will back down..there was an incident last year with De'Angelo Jones transfering to Rainier Beach right before hoops started..he was denied by the local board...i think the administration needs to do some serious thinking or is the GOBN(GOOD OLE BOYS NETWORK)in effect..2 fall sports, 2 scheduling screw ups..hmmmmm..just my opinion

I completely agree that these girls should not be punished, but what about the staff that made the error and then covered it up (see Selah Volleyball web page prior to Nov and then just prior to the investigation {also note the dates}). Typically the AD should be doing an unbiased preliminary review and reporting to the WIAA his results. I heard the coach and AD are married. This couldn't be construed as bias could it?
In addition, I thought we were trying to teach our children to come forward and report known wrong doing and you'll be protected. I heard that one of the Selah Volleyball girls was possibly punished for outing the situation. Although she participated in the program at the Varsity level all year, she was removed at playoff time, even digitally removed from the team picture. Where is the justice for that girl. Was she allowed to play at state? Now I am told that the coach is the coach of the year. (?) Good choice...winning is everything. What a joke.
Although my teams don't always win, my girls are all winners. I'll teach fairness and sportsmanship first.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT