ADVERTISEMENT

GSL rolls on

eastsideballer

Nov 9, 2006
So its settled, Gonzaga Prep and Lewis & Clark will represent the GSL in the regional tournament. Both are solid teams and both have a very realistic chance to advance to state.

So it's possible that Lewis and Clark guys might be taking a step up the state ladder just like the girls?

yeah, I would say the LC girls set the bar where it never has been set before. Prairie was close, twice. LC got it done.

Ohh no, I didn't say they would place and get all that three titles in a row jazz, I meant it's interesting to see the boys team now making it out of league. They've not been the best team in the past by the looks of it.

Originally posted by HockSports:
Ohh no, I didn't say they would place and get all that three titles in a row jazz, I meant it's interesting to see the boys team now making it out of league. They've not been the best team in the past by the looks of it.

You may be surprised to know that Lewis & Clark has 3 state championships in boys basketball (and another 'unofficial' title during the war years) and Coach E.L. Hunter was the winningest basketball coach in the state for many, many years.

I was unaware of that. Are they gonna be good next year? Are they pretty senior-laden?

I know Observer will be elated to hear this from me but LC will indeed be very good next year. They will return some key varsity players and word is they have a very skilled volunteer coach working with the young kids in the off season.
Next year look for Gonzaga Prep, Ferris and LC to all be solid.

Originally posted by eastsideballer:
I know Observer will be elated to hear this from me but LC will indeed be very good next year. They will return some key varsity players and word is they have a very skilled volunteer coach working with the young kids in the off season.
Next year look for Gonzaga Prep, Ferris and LC to all be solid.

Good to hear.

LC has to travel to play a pretty solid Pasco team..they flat out shoot the 3's..so they better be able to defend to perimeter, and watch for that baseline cutter..

They have a big 6'6 kid in Calvin Douglas,just a sophmore,played varsity last year..pretty athletic..their point guard is Jamison Rowe..really quick, plays solid D..Brett Jacobs has been playing fairly well of late..IMO they have been under achieving..have lost to some teams they shouldn't have..took IKE to OT in quarterfinal game..led the whole game.. quick teams that press can give them problems..the team to watch out for is Walla Walla..
This post was edited on 2/23 1:03 PM by ghsx2

How effective can Wa Hi be especially with Weisner mending an ankle injury so severe that he is in a boot? I mean they arent that strong without him so now what?

Must be a magic boot, because he had 19 pts and was 5-7 from beyond the arc vs Ike..and thats with the bad ankle..they are playing well, and the CBBN will get at least 2 of the births..

I dont know about a magic boot but my sources tell me that there was no D in that game. What i do know is that LC plays some D and they will be a surprising team this week. Dont count them out.
And i dont see any team able to compete with Prep so I have them as "in" for state.

Guess the CBBN is a little tougher than most thought..still a long way to go..

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT