ADVERTISEMENT

Hope again at WAZZU!

col-pul

Nov 27, 2003
After too many years of the Wulff we now have a Leach that will suck the life blood out of PAC defenses!

Welcome back to relevance my Cougs.

Hey Fuskies, you might want to look into a defensive coordinator with a plan to handle this thing sweeping football, they call it the forward pass. See, most teams get fast guys who can ‘cover’ receivers and when the ball’s in the air they try and get the offensive receiver ‘to not catch the ball’. Seriously, you gave up 21 points in Wulff’s last game, a Leach lead offense would have put up 50 on y’all even with the 3rd stringer at QB.

Anyhoo, I started yelling for this the day TT suspended Leach. He’s a perfect fit in every way. With so much of the PAC12 North stars off to the NFL and our JV level non-league schedule might have to reserve a lane because we’re going to be bowling.

Dear Moos; you are now off my dart board.

Well it would help also if UW's defenders were taller than 5'7" or at least could jump -

Hey Fuskies, what? Final score was 38-21 Dawgs...def cord. this or that don't matter when you drag some sorry ass cats out back the woodshed for their usual beating! 3 in a row, 11 of 15 and 67-31 all time says enough...Wulf,Doba,Erickson,Walden..Leach..don't matter!! BTW I like
the Leach hire a lot, and Holt can go...just saying :)

Well... for them to finish ahead of the Cougs in the PAC-N next season they better be better than 116 in pass defense. Really, you gave up 21 to our third string QB. You think you can play defense like that next season with Leach's offense and Tuel or Halliday?

And actually it's become a pretty competitive series with each team 4-4 over the last eight.

And it’s kind of sad because we could argue about whose sucked worse over that time. Now, while you got a couple bottom shelf bowls true enough you also had that oh-for season. Sadder though is the best team the last ten years in the PNW has been down in Boise, and not by a little either.
This post was edited on 12/5 6:13 PM by col-pul

col-pul,

The typical Coug fan..reminds me of a little ankle biter that occasionally jumps high enough to bite you in the ass. But will always be the small dog in the state.

col-pul:
Just a reminder...the third string QB you are talking about was actually the WSU starter most of the year. Just sayin'

The thing about tea cup ankle biters is it ain't the size of the fog in the fight, as they say. In this case Leach gives us little kitties some big choppers.

Now all stick poking aside, really both schools I think are on the right track. The Huskies under Sark will improve again next season. They do need to shore up their defense, most notably their secondary, but they should be legit in the PAC North hunt next season. WSU now has a top level football coach now, like or dislike Leach personally or his style of football he is nonetheless a top level coach, and that is something to rebuild the program on. Some of next season will be Leach's system but more of the success we Cougs expect next season falls in the realm of 'coaching them up', i.e. fundamentals, discipline and execution and secondly excitement. He, like Sark I believe, also brings a culture of success. I also think both schools got the right coach for their respective demographics, geography and institutional dynamics. I don’t think either school would trade one for the other and wisely so.

So long point short and banter aside, I think both programs are now on the up swing.

Col-Pol,

Agreed, it's going to be nice when the Apple Cup is relevent again!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT