ADVERTISEMENT

Joel Graves coming back for one final match??

golfballa88

Aug 31, 2002
I don't know if this rumor has any validity, but apparently WIAA granted him the opportunity to play in one final match. In a bylaw recently passed by the head committee, they made it legal for alumni to come back if they did not use up their full eligibility during their four years in high school. Apparently he missed a match during freshman year due to an illness and will be making his return March 23rd against Life Christian. When asked why he would want to play against Andrew Putnam after dominating him at Riverbend, Graves said, "I feel that I am not getting the respect that I feel I deserved and am sick of all this talk about that Putnam kid. I mean, how many birdies did HE have at the first day of the WJGA State tournament?" This is all just a rumor. Has anyone else heard about this?

That would not be a smart thing for him to do. Putnam will own him the entire round if this statement were true. He doesn't even belong in the same breath as Andrew. Ya he had nine birdies in one round but what did he shoot? Give him some respect when he consistently beats Putnam.

if he does this that would be the dumbest thing i've ever heard of, plus he isnt as good a putnum and why would he want to play one match, looks like he's still wishing he had the future that Putnum does have, Graves is a complete joke and i hope he falls on his face if he comes back.

Learn to take a joke, guys. golfballa88 is obviously a friend of putnam's, and they are just having fun goofing off on this site. Joel Graves is not going to come back for one match, and he obviously knows how good Putnam is and how bright of a future he has. Anyways, good luck to everyone, and have a good season.

ADVERTISEMENT