ADVERTISEMENT

King of the Mat 2009

Head_Lever

Oct 14, 2006
Coaches,

Hello, my name is Danny Crotts and I’m the Head Wrestling Coach at North Davidson Senior High School in Lexington, North Carolina. I am writing today to invite you and your team to our big wrestling tournament, King of the Mat. This is a 32 man bracket, double elimination, placing the top 8 in each weight class. This is a very good tournament. In 2008, we had teams from 6 different states, Wisconsin, Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Virginia and North Carolina in attendance. I would love to increase our out of state teams to the event to having 10 states represented if at all possible. I have already received interest from Rhode Island and Pennsylvania for this year as new additions.

I will take the first 40 teams that would like to be in the tournament. I will then create a wait list for teams that respond after I get 40 for when the inevitable happens and teams have to back out for one reason or another. We try our best to have full 32 man brackets and take the extra teams to fill each weight class bracket. If we have to do “pig-tails” for a weight class, those matches will be single elimination. We have tried in previous years to place all kids in a weight class and then this past year placing the top 16 in a weight class. With space limitations, this is just not possible (We can only run 6 mats and have enough seating for everyone) so we will place only the top 8 in each weight class this year. That is a 2 match guarantee for all wrestlers, unless of course they are involved in a pigtail match.

To give you an idea of how good of competition this tournament has, of the 14 champions for 2008, they had a total of 18 pins for the entire tournament.

Date: Monday December 21st and Tuesday December 22nd

Seeding:

?State placers (during ANY season, with most recent having preference)
?State qualifiers (during ANY season, with most recent having preference)
?The 2009-2010 record based on at least 10 matches

Contact Information:

?Danny Crotts
?336-731-8431, ext. 8522 (School)
?336-225-0788 (Cell)
?336- 731-2642 (Fax)
?dcrotts@davidson.k12.nc.us
?dannycrotts@hotmail.com (Put King of the Mat in Subject or it will go to Junk)

Entry Fee:

?$145 if paid before Friday December 4, 2009 (Check must be postmarked by this date)
?$175 if paid after December 4, 2009 or on Monday December 21 or Tuesday December 22
?$225 ($50.00 LATE FEE) if paid after the conclusion of the Tournament

Hotels:

?Kim Hall, Hampton Inn/Sleep Inn
oKim.Hall2@hilton.com
o336-970-4080 (Phone)
o336-970-4099 (Fax)

?Shavon McLean, Hilton Garden Inn
oShavon.Mclean@hilton.com
o336-765-1298 ext. 627 (Phone)
o336-765-1299 (Fax)

Hospitality Room:

?COACHES AND OFFICIALS ONLY!

oYou will be asked to send your coaches names in ahead of time, otherwise you will receive 2 bands and that is it.
oPlease do not send in the college kids that are home for the weekend, they are not coaches.
oWe will limit the number of coaches passes to 5 per team
oMy parents have also asked that children not come in with their parents, as they feel they are not coaches on the team

?MUST HAVE WRISTBAND ON OR WILL BE ASKED TO LEAVE!

?Table Workers will be fed out of the Concession Stand

Current Teams:
North Carolina

1. Parkland (06/07 & 07/08 & 08/09 3A State Dual & Individual Tournament Champs ? 2 Time Defending King of the Mat Champs)
2. Fay. 71st (6th Place 08/09 4A State Individual Tournament)
3. Riverside (8th Place 08/09 4A State Individual Tournament)
4. Douglas Byrd (10th Place 08/09 4A State Individual Tournament)
5. North Davidson
6. Olympic
7. Southern Lee

Pennsylvania

8. Upper Perkiomen

Rhode Island

9. North Kingston (6th Place 08/09 State Individual Tournament)
10. Barrington (14th Place 08/09 State Individual Tournament)
This post was edited on 3/15 10:23 AM by Head_Lever

King of the Mat

ADVERTISEMENT