ADVERTISEMENT

Lakeside 48 Royal 20

rkfootballer

Dec 12, 2007
Royal was missing a few lighter weights. Lakeside looked very strong throughout their whole lineup. Mitch Christensen was a bright spot from royal getting the pin. The Chivers-Ledezma match was a good one. Tied at 3 going into the 3rd, ended up 6-3. I wouldn't be surprised to see those two in the championship match at 189.

Who were the light wieghts that were missing and would they have made a differance in the outcome. Did you go to the match and if you did could you give us a brief match by match review.

The light weights missing were hernan cortez , juan esquivel, and chencho lopez. Omar avelar also didnt wrestle because of injury. chencho didnt make weight. hernan wrestled and won but royal forfeited that match.
As for a match by match, I just remember the first royal win was at 140 Luke tonnemaker from royal won. Then Sam Villegas pinned his guy, angel ledezma tekked his guy, and mitch christensen pinned his guy. Those were the only royal wins. even if royal gets all of their guys back,lakeside looked almost unbeatable from where i sat, not that i by any means know what i'm talking about.

At 112 Royal would have gained 3 instead of giving 6 had the exhibition match counted between Norstadt and cortes. Royal probably wouldn't have given up as many 6 point weights if they had all their guys. Same outcome but just a little tighter score. Lakeside will be tough to beat in a dual. Not many weaknesses. It will be the other counters in each weight that may make the difference for Royal. Great match at 189.

Hernan Cortez wrestled? First, he gets caught drinking and is out until January. Then, he gets caught stealing over at K-B dual and he's apparently still on the team? Wow, where the discipline Royal? Set a standard for success by keeping kids accountable to the rules.

Hernan Cortez is taking his discipline and that is none of your business. He is taking his knocks in school and the wrestling room. Keep your assumptions to yourself.

OK, may not be our business, but there still be some reinforcement on some rules here... in the "real world" he'd be in jail... lol. Do people who steal from grocery stores just get a slap on the wrist and get to continue to do normal day things... I think not...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT