ADVERTISEMENT

Lynden 42-32 6 minutes left 4th

Beach hit 10 more FGs, had 13 more boards and still lost. Lynden shot 40 FTs, hit 30. Beach shot 7 freebies, made 5. Beach whistled for 28 fouls, Lynden 9. Beach down by 11 mid 4th cut lead to 2 with about 30 tics left. Foul plus tech on Beach and Lions hit all 4 from the line. Inbounded, fouled and hit another. Game.
Perhaps the Lions are for real.
Ya think they may be loving Coach Roper up there on the border? Good on him, great guy.

Re: Lynden will face O'Dea

Lynden was up by 2 with 28 secs left and a tech was called on Raineer. Lynden hit 4 free throws then got fouled on the ensuing possession and hit one more...

Do you think we'll hear....

the refs screwed us argument by Beach fans?

Congrats to Lynden from an impartial fan

I really enjoyed watching this game. I followed Sequim and coach roper in the Nisqually League last year and he is great coach.

Lynden outplayed Beach tonight. Beach had more talent on the floor but that doesn't matter. I was not impressed with Anderson....yes he is talented...but he took way too many bad shots with a guy right in his grill. In the four quarter he finally had a few open looks, not sure why Beach didn't do a better job of setting screens for him and getting him open instead of letting him go one on one. Also why didn't beach go inside more to the big guy??? Was it bad coaching or just undisciplined play?

On the flip side, I felt like Lynden had a great game plan and stook too it. They showed much more poise than Beach, and were great from the free throw line. Lynden will be good next year too as their two top players are back next year.

Re: Do you think we'll hear....

I'm sorry, are you saying that the ref's screwed Lynden or Beach? Cuz if I am not mistaken, the ref's gave Beach a gift by not calling Anderson for throwing the ball into Dallas's balls(yes, he did, and he aimed)... which would have given him his 2 technical and EJECTION at the beginning of the 4th if I remember. The ref's were clearly allowing Beach to play beat'em up basketball. They threw Bolt to the ground without calling fouls and at multiple times threw cheap shots at Dallas and all the rest of the Lynden players. Great game to watch, best of luck to RB for the remaining games.

Congrats to Lynden who has played absolutely incredible basketball and have done it as a team. You guys deserve this and so much more.

yes, beach is a very physical team... especially when defense is put on them. Sorry, forgot to post that at the beginning.

I believe many of those fouls were in the last few minutes of the 4th when Beach tried to get back in the game?

Re: Congrats to Lynden from an impartial fan

WOW! Where to start. Many good comments in this thread. I was there. No light went on in my head about the foul imbalance. In fact, I thought there were more that could have been whistled on RB. Many, many of those were inside the last 4 minutes, and were on purpose. I don't think you'll hear much from the RB fans. How much noise can 7 people make?

IMO, Bethea was out coached for the 2nd year in a row at state. RB could have won by pounding it to the big guy, Emeka. Huge. Soft hands. Knows how to score. Did lots of damage. And, Lynden defended him well. Fronted him, with help from the back, but he still was effective. Anderson hit some big shots in the 4th, but with that, came some bad ones. RB's strength became their weakness. Athleticism vs. brains, and brains won.

Yesterday, Kok wasn't there. Today, he hit some huge 3's. Some of the biggest shots of the game. I bet RB knew nothing about him, and probably didn't care. Dallas and Bomber are, pound for pound, the toughest combo in the state. Dallas went out with shoulder problems a couple times, and returned. Bomber hit the floor with his chest 4 times. Several of his layers of skin are still on that floor. But that's what it took to WIN!

Is there anything left in their tank????

Re: Do you think we'll hear....

Go Lions!
This post was edited on 3/3 12:20 AM by PAQif(GetAdminCookie() != 0) {document.write(' (Revisions[/URL])');}

PAQ... wow

I'm sorry... in which way did you misinterpret my post? I said nothing of yours but took it as a point to touch on. I'm sorry that you feel that one of the more pro-active Lynden posters is an idiot. Please feel free to look over all of my previous posts! :) I will agree, GO LYNDEN!!!

Re: PAQ... wow

Then my apologies, for I must be the idiot. It just seemed from my interpretations that you may have thought I was saying their was room to complain about the officiating.

Re: Congrats to Lynden from an impartial fan

Nice W Lynden i think we have all seen enough of the metro over the last few years, so go ahead and get rid of the 2 time champs, while your at it, they are good but not as good as last years team. Go Lions!

No worries. I highly doubt idiot would be applicable. :) You can never truly tell the true tone of some of these emails. GO LIONS!!!!!!

simply stunning how well Lynden played. Dirk Dallas played AMAZING!! Good Luck to the Lynden. Also, the best gameplan. Roper showed that his watered-down league didn't show him over-rated. All doubts that Lynden couldn't win the big game were erased with that victory last night. Hopefully Lynden can pull off another win like that tonight vs. O'Dea. Good luck lions!!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT