ADVERTISEMENT

Lynden edges LC

chuckles35

Feb 3, 2010
What a game is all that I have to say. The gym was packed there was people standing everywhere, and Lynden is a large gym. This game will prepare the the Lyncs very well going forward. Sophomore guard Daulton Hommes for the Lyncs did a superb job of handle the pressure that was put on him by Kraght.

it was a great game. nothing more can be said.. both teams had chances to win. Reimer fouling out late was a big blow to the Lyncs, but they still battled. What a great high school game.

That game was a definition of high school basketball and what it means to the town of Lynden, according to the Bellingham Herald former Athletic Director of Lynden High estimated that the crowd was the 4th highest attendance at that gym. Losing Reimer was definately a blow to the Lyncs.

I believe he end up with his double double, according to the Bellingham Herald he had 10 pts and 12 boards

With a post like "Lynden edges LC".......an actual score woulda been nice to add in there somewhere !!

R23
[/URL]

53-48 in overtime! This was worth the drive for sure! Worth the popcorn, candy and admission too. LC played the best 2A team in the state very tough and really outplayed them in many aspects. Over 3000 people in a huge gym was quite the experience. Absolutely electric!

LC is at a completely different level than they were 2 weeks ago when I saw them play Cashmere. They defend so much better and the supporting cast has really stepped up to compliment Reimer. He does not have to put up big numbers for them to be successful.

Lynden will win the 2a title. I believe this will be their last close game of the year. I would really like to see a rematch.

Warrant3 are you a up north guy? What was your take on the game? I know you believed this game would be a blow out?

I also believed that it could have gotten ugly at some point but LC gave Lynden all that they could handle. Ruggy my apologize for not posting the score.

2old4this agree with everything you had to say, gas, admission, concessions, everything was worth it to be in an atmosphere like that.

I also believe that Lynden will go on and keep the gold ball for another year.

LC is a totally different team then what was seen a few weeks ago regardless of what their record shows in contrast to what of the other top 1A teams in the state are putting out.

Having a game just like the game played on Friday prepares them very well for what will be seen in March.

No problem Chuckles.......just sounded like too good of a game to leave us hangin' !!

I'd drive all the way across the state to see a LC vs CPC matchup....could this possibly be the 1A Title game?

R23

It was too good of a game i forgot the most important thing....the score.

I think there is a good chance that we may see this match up on a weekend in March.

Yes, I live about 8 miles down the road from Lynden. I was there also. I was surprised at how well LC played against a team that boat-raced them last year. If LC can bring that kind of game each night during playoff time they will be very tough to bring down. They have an abundance of talent.
Lynden is tough. I thought Matt Meyer was a difference maker last night. He had one of his best games ever. That is the biggest crowd I've seen in that gym. Great high school game.

Whether or not LC plays like this every night vs 1A teams is not something that is a guaruntee. However, there are a few related things we can take away from this. 1 is that Lynden is hands down the best 2A team in the state. They would probably compete for a 3A crown if they were still in that class. 2 is that with Lynden's talent, no other 1A team would have come within single digits in the first half, much left have a chance to win the game in regulation. And 3 is that if LC does play the way they did vs the rest of the 1A state, noone will touch them for the repeat. However, that is a big IF, and does not make them the best team in the 1A. It merely makes them the team that has the highest ceiling. Let's bear in mind, also, that LC has not lost to a 1A team since falling to Nooksack Valley when Kyle Impero was still running amok in the 1A, in the 2011 regionals.

They're both good teams but let's not get carried away. Do you really think Lynden would beat the likes of Rainier Beach in 3A? Have you seen West Valley (Yakima), or Renton play this year. Nobody wins the State Championship in January. Maybe time to take a deep breath and let things play out.
This post was edited on 1/14 10:54 AM by Warrant3

I actually agree with both of you.That is the beauty of this board, we can all share opinion. Warrant3 I have not seen those 2 but have good friends who have. They believe those 2 teams are not close to Lynden. But with injuries, chemistry or whatever LOTS of things can happen.

Addicted I do believe the same thing that on Friday night there is no other 1A school that could have gotten to single digits with Lynden. But Friday night certainly is not March! So much can happen. LC is very good but we don't even know if they are the best team in their district. On a given night Cedar Park, King's Meridian, Seattle Academy could all get them. Basketball is an awesome anything can happen game!

Thanks for sharing 2old4this. I like Lynden's chances this year as well, however, my point was, without seeing any of these teams play, it is a reach to make that sort of proclamation. I'm a fan of both teams, but neither is unbeatable, as their records show.
Lynden Christian lost to a good (not great) Bellingham team. Bellingham is a quick, athletic team. They may see a couple of those types down the line. Lynden lost to Tahoma, a good 4A team with a big man (6'10") in the middle.
I wouldn't bet against either of these teams going into the playoffs.
Last Friday Lynden Christian showed poise and maturity which will help them greatly down the line. Lynden did not play their best game, but they showed their grit.

This post was edited on 1/14 11:28 AM by Warrant3

My mistake. They actually lost to Tahoma, not Mt Tahoma, and certainly not Foster.

Yup exactly what I was saying, it's a huge IF. And I didn't say they'd win it, merely that I think the style Lynden plays, especially their D, is enough to neutralize teams like Ranier Beach. I don't think theyd be anywhere near the favorite, but I think they could do it...however this is still the 1A board and what my big point was is that LC playing like that night in and night out would be extremely tough to beat....but that they havn't shown that night in night out yet.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT