ADVERTISEMENT

Lynden trying to get game moved???

With there not being alot of money to go around right now it makes no sense for two bellingham area teams to drive down 2 hours to play eachother.

I completely agree with you...ridiculous. Then I must ask...why did Sultan have to play Archbishop Murphy in a District 1 basketball playoff game in BELLINGHAM last month? Why are Cedarcrest and Granite Falls traveling all the way up to Anacortes for a baseball game next Tuesday? If this soccer coach gets what he wants merely by asking for a change of venue in the MIDDLE of the playoffs, then I can only assume that all these schools had to do was simply ask to play their playoff closer to home and they would have gotten what they wanted.

Maybe it's time to rethink the host sites for District 1 playoffs...but it seems to me like you shouldn't be able to change the rules in the middle of the game. Just my opinion...free to entertain the thoughts of others.
This post was edited on 5/10 11:46 AM by Everybody Calm Down

It all comes down to $...WIAA money.
If you're a good ol' boy, you get the neutral site at your place :)
Get it?

I agree and the game will NOT be changed but it is a nice thought. It would make more sense to change it since the money goes to the distric and not the home school so if you held the game at say Civic your going to have alot more fans go to the game then you are in Cedarcrest. Dont think that its going to be changed. But perhaps in the future this all should be looked at a little closer.

I find it interesting that school districts are letting teachers go, but have the money to send kids two counties away for a game that could have been played in your backyard at a minimal cost. The game won't be changed this year but this is something that should be seriously looked at as a cost saver for next year.

Lynden and bellingham are sharing a BUS, from bellingham to Duvall! we will see how that one goes sounds like a BAD BAD BAD situation!

You have got to be kidding!!!???

This is so news-worthy I can't even believe it. What better way to tell a story about the sad state of school finances and these road trips than this? ha ha

Travel is a funny thing, we would trade anyone travel time and arrangements. Our "home" game for state is 4 hours away. This is so that the team we play won't have to travel as far, what??? They will be closer than we are for the game. But I guess we are use to it.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT