ADVERTISEMENT

Mike Warchol Memorial Fund

col-pul

Nov 27, 2003
Mike certainly didn't do this for the money and this endeavor was not a huge cash cow. Mike leaves a wonderful wife and three amazing children behind. Please, let us pull together and help Mrs. Mike, Pookie and the rest of the family through this. This isn't a time they should be having to be stressed about things we can take off their shoulders. The only thing that Mike loved more than High School sports, this site and all of us was his family so please lets pay back his love in the meager means available to us.

Update on Memorial Fund Reply

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------From Mrs. Mike:

Apparently there were some problems having the fund at WA Mutual. It has been changed to First Independent Bank. Unfortunately, this is a local bank so for those outside the Vancouver area anything you'd like to send please forward to the Columbia Little League P.O. Box 821637, Vancouver WA 98682. The president of the league Chris Speyer will take care of anything else. If you have any questions please call Columbia Little League at (360)696-1278.

Thank you so much... all of you for your sweet thoughts. Yes, Mike was an incredible guy and for those who knew him well knew that sports was his passion.

With much love and thanks,
Kim (Mrs. Mike)

The checks should be made payable to "Mike Warchol Memorial Fund". Washington Mutual's automated phone system is a mess and there isn't a selection for this type of thing. I was told by the customer service rep that you could not just drop by any branch. I hope that this information is of some small help.

Remember that we are a community by and large because of Mike and this wonderful community is a reflection of his dream.

Thanks to everyone for sending something. Even if you skip a lunch to mail a $5 check, we all do that and it will be a huge help to one of our own, a part of the preps extended family that could use our help.

God, I'm going to miss him.

This post was edited on 8/15 4:23 PM by col-pulif(GetAdminCookie() != 0) {document.write(' (Revisions[/URL])');}

ADVERTISEMENT