ADVERTISEMENT

miracle55, hanford triple play?

Yeah, I guess I did get a little over zealous on the postings – I just wanted to make sure the play received its due recognition since I hadn't seen one turned in high school. After West Valley walloped Hanford in the first game 13 to 1, it looked like a long day for the Falcons. In the second game, Hanford, behind its Jamie Moyer impersonator (Derek Freidel), pulled away to an 8 to 1 lead at the end of six innings. West Valley came up in the seventh and proceeded to knock Freidel and two other pitchers out of the game and took a 9 to 8 lead with no outs. Then with the bases loaded, a West Valley batter pops up a bunt to the third baseman (first out) with runners going, who goes on to touch his bag (second out), and then throws to second to get the third out. Within 10 seconds, the inning is over. Hanford goes on to score two in the bottom of seventh to win the game 10 to 9 -- pretty entertaining finish to say the least.

Now that you said that, it could have been runners on second and third only. That sounds more accurate now that I think about it. It did look like a squeeze play or a very poorly executed safety squeeze.
This post was edited on 5/1 3:04 PM by miracle55if(GetAdminCookie() != 0) {document.write(' (Revisions[/URL])');}

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT